Walters, Oscar, Jayne Cortez, and Melvin Edwards, 1970 April 2
Scope and Contents
A 4/2/1970 lecture featured 3 artists: Oscar Walters, Jayne Cortez, and Melvin Edwards (2015-0002/RR315).
Please view the individual profiles of each person for more information.
RR 315 A 4/2/1970 lecture featured 3 artists: Oscar Walters, Jayne Cortez, and Melvin Edwards (2015-0002/RR315). Oscar Walters speaks first about about the development of the form in which he's been working. Poet Jayne Cortez reads from her works including Pissstained Stairs and the Monkey Man's Wares. Melvin Edwards featured in a 1970 issue of Time talks about his work.
- 1970 April 2
- Cortez, Jayne (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Links to digitized content are included in the finding aid.
1 Reels (Magnetic tape audio recording) : RR 315 1 reel, Side A-1:05:11, Side B-0:45:44; tape speed 3¾ IPS; track position ½-Track Mono; Substrate: Polyester. The recordings were combined for ease of listening. The combined run time of the digital recording is 1:50:51.
Language of Materials
From the Series: English
- African American artists Subject Source: Fast
- African American educators Subject Source: Fast
- African American women artists Subject Source: Fast
- African Americans Subject Source: Fast
- African Americans in popular culture Subject Source: Fast
- Black Experience in the Arts Course (University of Connecticut) -- Sound recordings Subject Source: Local sources
- Performance artists Subject Source: Fast