UConn. University of Connecticut History
Found in 189 Collections and/or Records:
Eduard M. Mark was a University of Connecticut educated historian who studied the Cold War era of U.S. military history. His collection consists of correspondence, notes, administrative records, transcripts, legal documents, manuscripts, photographs, news clippings, and books from the 1920s to the present.
Papers of Harry J. Marks, long time professor of history at the University of Connecticut.
Eva Belle Mason (Mrs. Henry Knowlton) graduated from Connecticut Agricultural College in 1900. The collection contains her notebook from her Sewing class and the dress she made to wear to Commencement.
A noted educator, administrator, writer and researcher, Dr. May joined the faculty of the University of Connecticut in 1952 as Dean of the School of Home Economics at the University of Connecticut. She retired from the University in 1964.
The collection contains materials associated with the UConn Men's Basketball team's first NCAA Division I Championship in 1999.
Garry A. Miles was an instructor at the University of Connecticut from 1933 (Extension, Asst. Poultryman 1933-?; Instructor, Poultry Husbandry by 1940-1943).
Lawrence Morico was born 2 April 1936 and completed his undergraduate education at the University of Connecticut in 1958.
Mr. Albert E. Moss was a faculty member at Connecticut Agricultural College (now the University of Connecticut) for twenty-nine years. He is best known for his work in the field of Forestry. Focus of the collection is survey work on the transfer of land to and from the University of Connecticut.
Earl Newcomer was a Professor of Botany (1948-1968) at the University of Connecticut.
James B. Olcott was a member of the first Board of Trustees of Storrs Agricultural School, now the University of Connecticut.
The 1991-1992 academic year at UConn marked the 100th anniversary of women on the Storrs campus. The anniversary was celebrated by a year-long series of programs to commemorate the achievements of women, particularly those at the University of Connecticut.
2 binders (3 pdf files) of administrative records associated with UConn's membership in the Organization that has had a large influence on the work and development of faculty and student research. Courses taught in Costa Rica and high involvement of EEB faculty.
Galley proofs of The Crow.
The "Peoples of Connecticut" Project was begun in 1974 under a grant from the Ethnic Heritage program, Office of Education, Department of Health, Education and Welfare. The goal of this program was to increase awareness, within Connecticut secondary schools, of different ethnic groups. Using curriculum guides and other instructional materials, the project endeavored to provide teaching and learning tools for discovering the cultural diversity of Connecticut's residents.
The collection contains the professional papers of Marie Ferguson Peters, the first African American Professor at the University (Home Economics, 1963), and her husband, psychologist James S. Peters II. Drafts and proofs of Dr. James Peters' work is also included in the collection.
Approximately 247,360 negatives documenting all aspects of University life.
Collection contains real photo postcards and postcards published by the University of Connecticut bookstore, H.V. Beebe, A.H. Johnson, Illustrated Postcard Co., Hiram N. Fenn, Danziger and Berman, Kaufman Bros. documenting buildings and views of the University. A small set of postcards documenting Carnegie Libraries sent to Edwina Whitney, College Librarian (1900-1934), are also included.
Approximately 9,560 slides document the University of Connecticut. Includes Kodachrome slides made during the 1940s.
Images of the University of Connecticut and surroundings in a variety of formats.
Arthur Joseph Pierpont was born 3 December 1876. He was a 1895 graduate of Storrs Agricultural College, now the University of Connecticut. A noted authority on agricultural matters, Mr. Pierpont was a member of the Waterbury Milk Producers Association, Trustee of his alma mater (Connecticut Agricultural College as of 1899) and manager of the College's Gilbert Farm, a working farm in Georgetown, Connecticut, bequeathed to the College in 1906.
Records of the chief administrative officer of the University of Connecticut and its predecessor institutions. The records are subdivided by administration and identified and described by the name/tenure of the individual serving as president. In more recent years, the records are identified by date of transfer.
Edwin O. Smith served as acting President of the Connecticut Agricultural College from April - September 1908. The one folder of correspondence pertains to the dual-job amendment before the Connecticut General Assembly in the late 1950s.
Professor of English language and literature (1897-1901). Appointed president pro tempore by the Board of Trustees 5 October 1901. Stimson rResigned in 1908 to “become the executive head of an agricultural college that is to be established at Northampton, MA to be known as the Smith Agricultural School.”
The collection contains the correspondence, minutes, printed materials, and financial records of the Puerto Rican and Latino Studies Institute Records from 1972 to 2006. The collection also contains the Institute's administrative records, publications, fliers, news clippings, and legal documents.
The collection contains administrative records documenting the programs and activities sponsored by the Center.