Billy Omabegho lectures at the University of Connecticut
- 1971 October 19
In his 1971 lecture, the Nigerian-born Omabegho spoke about ancient African art, some work dating back to 60,000-30,000 BCE. He also had a slide show featuring examples of African masks, dances, paintings, and clothing. It is clear he wanted students to see that black individuals have been creating art since the earliest moments of humankind and that black artistic expression takes many shapes.
Biographical / Historical
Sculptor and art professor Billy Omabegho spoke to the Black Experience in the Arts course 3 times.
- African Americans Subject Source: Fast
- African Americans in popular culture Subject Source: Fast
- Art and history Subject Source: Fast
- Black Experience in the Arts Course (University of Connecticut) -- Sound recordings Subject Source: Local sources
- Educators Subject Source: Fast