Charles Briggs lectures at the University of Connecticut.
- 1973 February 6
Charles Briggs lectured at the University of Connecticut on 2/6/1973 (2015-0002/RR111).
Biographical / Historical
Writer, composer, director and actor Charles Briggs was born in Gallispolis, Ohio, in 1935. His Broadway career includes Les Blancs (1970), Purlie (1970), and Don't Play Us Cheap! (1972), among others.
Charles Briggs, in addition to acting, was an assistant director at the Blue Summer Valley Theater in Grand Rapids, Michigan, during its 1966 run. Briggs helped to direct My Fair Lady,
1 Reels (Magnetic tape audio recording) : Recording run time 00:57:22; tape speed 3¾ IPS; track position ½-Track Mono; Substrate: Polyester.
Existence and Location of Originals
Original audio recordings reside in the University of Connecticut, Black Experience in the Arts Collection, Archives & Special Collections, UConn Library.
- African American actors Subject Source: Fast
- African American authors Subject Source: Fast
- African American composers Subject Source: Fast
- African American dramatists Subject Source: Fast
- African Americans Subject Source: Fast
- African Americans in popular culture Subject Source: Fast
- Black Experience in the Arts Course (University of Connecticut) -- Sound recordings Subject Source: Local sources