Skip to main content

St. Joseph's Hospital Training School Collection

Identifier: 2022-0093


  • undated, 1908 - 1991

Conditions Governing Access

The collection is open and available for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish from this Collection must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.

Biographical / Historical

Opened by the Sisters of Charity of the St. Joseph parish, St. Joseph's Hospital served as an integral part of the Willimantic community. By July 1926 the 40 bed facility was in need of modernization and space and the hospital directors and the Trustees of the congregation met to discuss plans. The recall of the Sisters of Charity (based in The Netherlands) further exascerbated the situation for the congregation. On October 1, 1930, an incorporator's meeting was held and it was decided that the new hospital would be a non-sectarian community hospital with a non-sectarian Board; the proposed name of this facility was Windham Community Memorial Hospital. There is no information on the Training School available online [2022].


.1 Linear Feet

Language of Materials



Photograph album of individuals associated with St. Joseph Hospital (Willimantic, CT) and a Cook Book created and distributed by the members of Auxillary to St. Joseph's Hospital and their friends.

St. Joseph's Hospital Training School Collection
Archives & Special Collections staff
2022 August
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description

Repository Details

Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository

University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US