Raab Associates Inc. Records
The Raab Associates Records document the work of Susan and David Raab in the children's book marketing business.
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Permission to publish from these Records must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Raab Associates has built its reputation over the past 28 years by providing marketing, consulting and promotion campaigns for authors, illustrators, brands, publishers, series, games, apps, audio and events for the family and arts markets. The firm handles author tours, remote tours (blog, Skype, etc.), national and international publicity via broadcast, print, online and social media and we promote press conferences and events. Marketing initiatives have included coordinating museum exhibits, contests, focus groups, and award and conference events. Raab Associates has also arranged national Ambassadorships for celebrity clients and has served as marketing advisors to institutions, associations, companies, and brands, including The Center for Children’s Literature at Bank Street College, The Northeast Children’s Literature Center at the University of Connecticut, The Society of Children’s Writers and Illustrators and The Julie Andrews Collection.
Raab Associates promotes international stories and has been the agency of record for the International Board on Books for Young People (Basil) which among other things has included promoting news about the Hans Christian Andersen Medal to the U.S. and international press. With clients from Canada, Africa, Asia, Europe and Australia, Raab Associates' multinational work has included promoting Asian books simultaneously published in 5 languages (including Vietnamese, Chinese, Spanish and Hmong), and a Kenyan publisher producing works bilingually to sell in Africa, the UK and U.S markets. President Susan Raab has for more than a decade attended the Bologna Book Fair as a member of the press where she conducts interviews with publishers and dignitaries from around the world. To access the interviews please go to http://www.raabassociates.com/audio-interviews-author-illustrator.
25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Children's literature Subject Source: Fast
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Monographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Moving images Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- manuscripts (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Raab Associates Inc. Records
- Archives and Special Collections staff
- Language of description
- Script of description