Jonathan Pelto Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains administrative and financial records, correspondence, campaign materials, clippings and correspondence pertaining to Mr. Pelto's activities in the Connecticut General Assembly.
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.
Jonathan Pelto was elected to the Connecticut House of Representatives as a senior at the University of Connecticut in 1984 and, over five terms, rose to the level of Deputy Majority Leader, Chair of the Screening Committee, and was a member of the Appropriations Committees during the income tax debate of 1991.
Since leaving the Legislature in 1993, he’s worked as a communications strategist developing and implementing sophisticated public relations, media relations and advocacy programs aimed at educating, persuading and mobilizing targeted audiences.
Mr. Pelto has also managed or worked on numerous political campaigns at the federal, state and local levels including campaigns Christopher Dodd, Gary Hart, and many Connecticut state and congressional campaigns.
For more information please see Mr. Pelto's blog.
11.7 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains records documenting career of Jonathan Pelto in Connecticut State politics from 1972 through 1994.
Provenance and Acquisition
The collection was donated by Mr. Pelto in 2012.
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Business planning Subject Source: Fast
- Communication and traffic Subject Source: Fast
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Maps (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Politicians Subject Source: Fast
- Jonathan Pelto Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2012 January
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US