Belding Brothers and Company Records
Scope and Content
Collection consists of contain correspondence from A. N. Belding and M. M. Belding to W. P. Hetherington, their agent in Belding, Michigan. The correspondence indicates the range of the Belding Brothers and Company interests including: Belding Building Loan Association, Belding Land Improvement Company, Hotel Belding, Citizens Electric Light Company, and other business concerns. The letters focus mostly on the Belding brothers' relations with the city of Belding, Michigan, their interest in city politics, as well as mill employee relations and Belding's discriminatory property leasing practices.
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.
The Belding Brothers and Company were silk manufacturers in Rockville, CT, with additional mills in Northampton, MA, Belding, MI, San Francisco, California, and Montreal, Canada>; the brothers had extensive business interests.
0.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Belding Brothers and Company were silk manufacturers in Rockville, Connecticut, with additional mills in Northampton, Massachusetts, Belding, Michigan, San Francisco, California, and Montreal, Canada.
The records were donated to the Historical Manuscripts and Archives Department (now Archives & Special Collections), University of Connecticut Library in April 1989 by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Location of Copies or Alternate Formats
Digital reproductions of materials in this collection may also be found in the Archives & Special Collections digital repository
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Electric industries Subject Source: Fast
- Hotels Subject Source: Fast
- Industrial relations Subject Source: Fast
- Land companies Subject Source: Fast
- Michigan (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Mills and mill-work Subject Source: Fast
- Public utilities Subject Source: Fast
- Real property Subject Source: Fast
- Rockville (Conn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Savings and loan associations Subject Source: Fast
- Textile industry Subject Source: Fast
- Belding Brothers and Company Records
- Archives & Special Collections staff.
- 1998 January
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description