Robert Black Papers
Scope and Content
The collection includes reprints, reviews, papers and single journal issues all on topics of interest to geology professor, Robert Black.
- undated, 1944-1980
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
4 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains materials collected or written by Dr. Black pertaining to the geology of Connecticut, Wisconsin and Antartica.
Series I: Papers (undated, 1944-1980) contains reprints, papers, reviews and materials collected or written by Robert Black.
These materials were stored in Beach Hall on the Storrs Campus of the University of Connecticut for several years following the unexpected deathof Dr. Black.
The collection was transferred to the University Archives by Dr. Robert Thorson in 1998.
- Antarctica (continent) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Educators Subject Source: Fast
- Geology Subject Source: Fast
- New England (general region) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wisconsin (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Robert Black Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2006 April
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description