Fred Cazel Papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains notes, correspondence and related materials pertaining to Professor Cazel's interests and activities. The papers focus mainly on the organizations, committees, programs and events with which he was involved and include files on AAUP, the Committee on Curricula and Courses, the Committee of Five to Investigate Charges of Communism, and the New England Historical Association. Also included are some research and teaching materials.
- undated, 1939-1992
- Cazel, Fred A. (Person)
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.
Fred A. Cazel, Jr., was a professor in the history department at the University of Connecticut from 1948-1988. He was actively involved in the Medieval Studies Program, as well as many organizations, including Phi Beta Kappa and the Conference on British Studies. He was a member of many University committees, including a presidential search, History Department and various university senate committees. He was president of the Senate Executive Committee for many years.
Dr. Cazel retired from the University in 1988 and died in July 2011.
15.3 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Fred A. Cazel, Jr., professor of History (1948-1988)at the University of Connecticut from 1948-1988. Active in many professional and University committees, Dr. Cazel died in July 2011.
The papers were donated by Professor Cazel to the University of Connecticut Library after his retirement in 1988. Additional materials were donated in 2002 and 2003 but have not yet been fully integrated into the collection.
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Education Subject Source: Fast
- Educators Subject Source: Fast
- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Notebooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Universities and colleges Subject Source: Fast
- University of Connecticut. Medieval Studies Program
- manuscripts (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fred Cazel Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 1993 May
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note