University of Connecticut Centennial Collection
Scope and Content
The Centennial Collection contains mostly correspondence and memorabilia documenting the 100th anniversary of the establishment of what is now the University of Connecticut. The year 1980-1981 was chosen for the celebration because it was the 100th consecutive year of academic operation at Storrs. The celebration began with Opening Convocation on 23 September 1980, and continued with exhibitions, balls, colloquia, Founder's Day, a newspaper supplement, student events, as well as events held by the individual schools and colleges. The yearlong celebration ended with the Second Century Convocation on 19 September 1981.
For additional material, consult the Connecticut Centennial Coordinating Committee Records available at the reference desk.
- undated, 1978-1981
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.
1.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Collection contains significant documentation of the University's Centennial Celebration which took place in the academic year 1980-1981.
The memorabilia for this collection was donated by the Jorgensen Auditorium (Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts) in September 1981. The correspondence was donated by the President's Office in August 1982.
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Education Subject Source: Fast
- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Storrs (inhabited place) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Universities and colleges Subject Source: Fast
- University of Connecituct Centennial Collection
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 1997 June
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note