Patricia Hubbell Papers
Scope and Content Note
The collection consists of materials from author and poet Patricia Hubbell. Included in the collection are manuscripts, correspondence, notes, books, and dummies. The collection contains both anthologies, in which Hubbell's poems appear, as well as fifteen books that she authored. Some of the works by Hubbell in the collection Include: A Grass Green Gallop, The Tigers Brought Pink Lemonade, Catch Me a Wind, and Sea, Sand, Me!
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Patricia Hubbell was born on July 10, 1928 in Easton, Connecticut, and has remained a resident of the town her entire life. She attended the University of Connecticut and graduated with a degree in English in 1950. Following graduation she worked at a weekly newspaper, and was married to Harold Hornstein in 1954. She began writing poetry at the age of eleven and has produced numerous children's books. Her poems have also been featured in poetry anthologies.
0.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Books and poems by author Patricia Hubbell. The collection contains more than a dozen of Hubbell's works, as well as correspondence, notes, manuscrips, and dummies produced during her career.
Provenance and Acquisition
The papers were donated to Archives and Special Collections in 2002 by Patricia Hubbell.
- Authors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American Subject Source: Fast
- Children's literature Subject Source: Fast
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dummies (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Monographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Poets Subject Source: Fast
- Poets, American Subject Source: Fast
- manuscripts (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Patricia Hubbell Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US