Foxon Homemakers Club Records
Scope and Content
The records of the Foxon Homemakers Club, an associate member of the New Haven County Extension Service, consist of by-laws and guidelines, correspondence, membership lists, miscellaneous papers, publicity material, descriptions of programs and projects, and reports of meetings and activities. The collection offers a perspective on homemakers' organized group activities in Connecticut for a period of sixty years as well as some insights into the wider culture. The correspondence reveals that after World War II, paid employment outside of the home increasingly precluded attendance at the club's meetings and programs. The focus of the programs and projects suggest some of the larger society's concerns, as well as establishing a timeline for the introduction of certain technological innovations into Connecticut life.
- undated, 1934-1994
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.
From the early 1930s, until it disbanded in 1994, the club held regular monthly meetings and ad hoc special programs to promote the education of and progress in homemaking techniques.
1.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The records of the Foxon Homemakers Club, an associate member of the New Haven County Extension Service.
Materials were donated to the University of Connecticut by the Foxon Homemakers Club in 1992 and 1994.
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Homemakers Subject Source: Fast
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Social policy Subject Source: Fast
- Societies Subject Source: Fast
- Twentieth century. Subject Source: Fast
- United States (nation) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Women Subject Source: Fast
- Foxon Homemakers Club Records
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 1994 September
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description