Paul Galdone Papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains four color separations that appear to be from a cover or title page for Puss in Boots.
- circa 1960, 1976
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Paul Galdone was born circa 1907 in Budapest, Austria- Hungary and immigrated to the United States in 1921. Galdone studied art at the Art Student's League and New York School for Industrial Design. He served in World War II in the U.S. Army, Engineers. The author and illustrator of children's books also was employed as a bus boy, electrician's helper, and fur dryer, in addition to four years in the art department at Doubleday (NY). His work was awarded runner up for the Caldecott Medal (Eve Titus, Anatole, 1957 and Anatole and the Cat, 1958) and selection by the American Library Association for notable books (The Little Red Hen, Winter Danger, and Flaming Arrows). He died of a heart attack on 7 November 1986, in Nyack, NY.
2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains color separations from a cover or title page for "Puss in Boots".
1 Folder in 1 box.
Donated by Carol Waxman of the West Hartford Public Library (note with illustrations suggests that WHPL owns the finished illustration).
- Authors, American Subject Source: Fast
- Children's literature Subject Source: Fast
- Illustrators Subject Source: Fast
- Painters Subject Source: Fast
- Sculptors Subject Source: Fast
- United States (nation) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Works of Art Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- manuscripts (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Paul Galdone Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 1999 May
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US