Hartford Journeymen Plumbers and Apprentices, Local 76 Records
Scope and Content
The collection includes minutes (which also include reports of the officers, financial reports, sick reports), correspondence, bylaws and working rules, strike assessments, membership dues payments and travel reimbursements.
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.
This local was originally chartered on 1 March 1893 as Local 76 of the United Association of Journeymen Plumbers, Gas Fitters, Steamfitters and Steamfitters Helpers of the United States and Canada. Local 76 is located in Hartford, Connecticut, and represents Hartford area plumbers and steamfitters.
9 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This local was originally chartered on 1 March 1893 as Local 76 of the United Association of Journeymen Plumbers, Gas Fitters, Steamfitters and Steamfitters Helpers of the United States and Canada.
Series I: Minutes (1909-1954) contains minute books of the regular membership meetings of Local 76. Minutes include reports of the officers, financial reports, sick reports, and correspondence with other locals. These minutes are organized chronologically.
Series II: Administrative Records (1950-1983) includes a 1983 revision of Local 76's Bylaws and Working Rules, a 1950 Agreement and Declaration of Trust between Local 76 and the Association of Master Plumbers of Hartford, strike assessments for the July to September 1968 strike, correspondence and reports. This material is arranged by type.
Series III: Dues Records (1919-1970) is arranged in two sub-series. Dues Ledgers (1919-1968) contains records of membership dues payments and travel reimbursements. There are several gaps in this sub-series: 1951-1954, 1957-1958, 1961-1962, 1965-1966. Collection Sheets and Cash Receipts (1960-1970) served as another form of recording dues payments. All material is arranged chronologically.
The records were deposited in the Connecticut Labor Archives 1n April 1984 by Patrick Quinn, Business Agent.
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Apprentices Subject Source: Fast
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hartford (inhabited place) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Labor Subject Source: Fast
- Labor union meetings Subject Source: Fast
- Labor unions Subject Source: Fast
- Pipe fitting Subject Source: Fast
- Plumbers Subject Source: Fast
- Plumbing industry Subject Source: Fast
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Societies Subject Source: Fast
- Steam-pipes Subject Source: Fast
- Strikes and lockouts Subject Source: Fast
- bylaws (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United Association of Plumbers and Steamfitters of the United States and Canada, Hartford Journeymen and Apprentices, Local 76 Records
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 1984 April
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US