Skip to main content

University of Connecticut, Regional Campus Records

 Collection
Identifier: 1999-0089

Scope and Content Note

The Regional Campus records are comprised of six series.

Series I consists of records from the Stamford Campus from the years 1950 to 2006. The records from the Stamford regional campus consist of Illustrations, newspaper clippings, correspondence, manuscripts, fliers, publications, and administrative and financial records. Subjects in the first series include the render="italic">Connecticut Daily Campus, the history of sports, articles such as "4 Year College at Stamford," UConn Branch Building Funds, and Campaign Office Committees.

Series II consists of publications from the Greater Hartford Campus from the years 1988 to 2011. The records from the Greater Hartford branch include schedules of classes and course syllabi.

Series III includes materials documenting programs and activities of the Waterbury campus.

Series IV documents the Torrington Campus.

Series V consists of materials documenting the merger of oversight of the Waterbury, Greater Hartford and Torrington campuses.

Series VI includes materials documenting the Avery Point and Fort Trumbull campuses. Documentation of Branford house may also be found in Connecticut History Online and its nomination for the National Register of Historic Sites.

Dates

  • 1950-2017

Access

The collection is open and available for research.

Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information

Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.

History

The Greater Hartford campus at the University of Connecticut was founded on October 2, 1939, in Hartford, Connecticut, was officially recognized as the Hartford branch of the University in 1946, and moved to its present location in West Hartford in 1970. The campus provides students in the capital area the flexibility to work and also attend classes and enjoy the opportunities offered by the university in a more accessible location. The campus offers a wide variety of liberal arts and science courses, and caters to over 1400 undergraduate and 600 graduate students. Also located at the Greater Hartford campus is the university's School of Social Work.

The Stamford campus at the University of Connecticut was founded in 1951 to provide veterans returning from the Korean War with a more convenient educational facility. The campus offers degrees in ten major areas of study, including History, American Studies, English, and Political Science. In addition to undergraduate programs, the Stamford Campus offers a Master's of Business Administration and an Executive Master's of Business Administration degree. The campus is located in southeastern Connecticut, and provides students in Fairfield County and the surrounding area with access to the university's excellent resources.

Extent

15.25 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

English

Abstract

Records from the Greater Hartford and Stamford Regional Campuses of the University of Connecticut.

Provenance and Acquisition

The records are transferred to the University Archives by the campuses periodically.

Related Material

Archives & Special Collections has a substantial collection of materials pertaining to the University, its history, administration, faculty, staff and students, etc. For detailed information on these collections please ask at the Reading Room desk.

Title
University of Connecticut, Regional Campus Records
Status
Under Revision
Author
Archives & Special Collections staff
Date
2014 October
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository

Contact:
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US
860-486-2524