Floyd Bass Collection of John E. Rogers
Scope and Content Note
The collection contains framed clippings, a framed novelty song collection, a framed book collection, a framed honorary degree, and research posters.
- undated, 1904-1982
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
John E. Rogers of Manchester, CT
1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains clippings, sound recordings, books, an honorary degree, and research posters relating to Dr. John E. Rogers.
Provenance and Acquisition
Provenance is unknown, although it is presumed that the materials were donated after the materials were exhibited on campus.
The following titles have been catalogued:
Narrative of Henry Watson, a fugitive slave. Dodd
Manual of the Congregational Church, in Bolton, Conn. Dodd
The experience of Thomas H. Jones, who was a slave for forty-three years. Dodd
Experience and personal narrative of Uncle Tom Jones; who was for forty years a slave. Dodd
In Memoriam. Professor Wiley Lane of the Howard University, Washington, D.C. Dodd
The Life of James Williams, better known as Professor Jim, for half a century janitor of Trinity College. Dodd
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Education, Higher Subject Source: Fast
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Floyd Bass Collection of John E. Rogers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2012 October
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US