Connecticut Soldiers Collection, Peter Lukoff Papers
Scope and Content
The bulk of the collection documents Lukoff's experiences from training in the United States (South Carolina) and his activities in France, Belgium, Germany and England. Also included are letters and cards from his wife, Alma, and two children, Philip and Barbara. Lukoff was wounded in action at the Battle of the Bulge and separated from his unit for a short period of time.
- undated, 1944-1945
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Peter Lukoff, of Norwich, Connecticut, served in Company C, 48th Armor Infantry Battalion date from April 1944 through June 1945. Prior to his war service he was employed by the Hartford-Connecticut Trust Company, Thames Branch.
1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Peter Lukoff, Company C, 48th Armor Infantry Battalion, lived in Norwich, Connecticut. The bulk of the collection documents Lukoff's experiences from training in the United States (South Carolina) and his activities in France, Belgium, Germany and England from 1944-1945.
Series I: Correspondence (undated, 1944-1945)
Series II: Other papers (undated, 1944-1945)
The collection was purchased in 2001.
Location of Copies or Alternate Formats
Digital reproductions of materials in this collection may also be found in the Archives & Special Collections digital repository.
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Norwich (inhabited place) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Personal narratives Subject Source: Fast
- World War (1939-1945) Subject Source: Fast
- Connecticut Soldiers Collection, Peter Lukoff Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2005 September
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US