Garry A. Miles Papers
Scope and Content
The collection consists of the personal, daily journal of Garry A. Miles from 1926 through 1969.
- undated, 1926-1969
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Garry A. Miles was born 7 June 1901 and was employed by the University of Connecticut Extension Service in 1933 as an Assistant Poultryman. Over the years, he took on additional responsibilities at the University but was always associated with the Poultry program.
Mr. Miles died in August 1969.
1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Garry A. Miles was an instructor at the University of Connecticut from 1933 (Extension, Asst. Poultryman 1933-?; Instructor, Poultry Husbandry by 1940-1943).
The collection is arranged chronologically.
The diaries were found in the barn of Mr. Miles former home by the new owners in 2000 and offered to the University.
The collection was donated to the University in October 2000 by Jack and Stacey Fulton.
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Education Subject Source: Fast
- Employees Subject Source: Fast
- Poultry Subject Source: Fast
- Poultry industry Subject Source: Fast
- Storrs (inhabited place) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Universities and colleges Subject Source: Fast
- Garry A. Miles Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2004 August
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US