Beatrice B. Grover Papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains the original manuscript and illustrations of Broad Stripes and Bright Stars by Beatrice B. Grover.
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Beatrice B. Grover, born in New York, New York, on December 29, 1901, was a painter, lithographer, and illustrator of children's and ophthalmological books. Grover was a graduate of the Spence School andArt Students League in New York and studied in Paris, France. As a member of the National Association of Women Artists, Grover had many one-woman art shows in New York City, where she lived most of her life, and was represented by the Betty Parsons Gallery. Some of Grover's works can be found in the collections of the Museum of Modern Art, the Art in Embassies program, and the Museum Section of the Guild Hall in East Hampton, New York. Grover's best known children's book, published in 1941, was Broad Stripes and Bright Stars. Grover died on May 19, 1994, at the Governor's House Convalescent Home in Simsbury, Connecticut.
1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains the original manuscript and illustrations of Broad Stripes and Bright Stars by illustrator Beatrice B. Grover.
Series I: Broad Stripes and Bright Stars (undated)
This collection was purchased by Susan B. Aller and donated to the Archives & Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center in 1993.
- Fedukowicz, Helena Biantovskaya. External infections of the eye: bacterial, viral, and mycotic, Appleton-Century-Crofts , 1963.
Author and Illustrator
- Broad Stripes and Bright Stars, The Greystone Press, 1941.
- Artists Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature Subject Source: Fast
- Illustrations (layout features). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustrators Subject Source: Fast
- Painters Subject Source: Fast
- Women artists Subject Source: Fast
- manuscripts (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Beatrice B. Grover Papers
- Archives & Special Collections
- 2009 February
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US