Campbell Collection of the Organization of Graduate Student Action
Scope and Content
Documentation of the organization established to advocate for health care benefits and employee status for graduate student assistants at the University of Connecticut.
- undated, 1991-2009
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright. Copyright and literary rights for "The History of the organization for Graduate Student Action at the University of Connecticut" are retained by the donor.
In 2003, University of Connecticut graduate assistants (GAs) were declared ineligible for the state employee health care plan under Governor John G. Rowland's "Back to Basics" budget. The OGSA was established to advocate on behalf of GAs for the restoration of their collective bargaining rights.
1.3 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
History, activities and related documentation of Organization for Graduate Student Action at the University of Connecticut and the mentor Connection.
The collection has received minimal processing and therefore remains in original order.
Series I: Organization records (undated, 1991-2009)
The collection was donated by Dr. Barbara J. Campbell in August 2009.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Labor unions-Organizing Subject Source: Fast
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Storrs (inhabited place) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Campbell Collection of the Organization of Graduate Student Action
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2010 August
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description