James B. Olcott Papers
Scope and Content
The majority of the collection consists of correspondence from Olcott to "Miss Tudor". A small numbers of items are addressed to Mr. Olcott or are from Emily Olcott>. Some agricultural publications are included.
- undated, 1883-1916
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.
James B. Olcott lived in Manchester, Connecticut. He was appointed to a committee of three to investigate and report on an offer of land and money from Augustus and Charles Storrs to establish a school of agriculture in Storrs, Connecticut. The report from the committee was favorable, and the 1880 offer was accepted in 1881 by the General Assembly, and the Storrs Agricultural School was established. The organization of the school was entrusted to T. S. Gold, J. B. Olcott, and S. W. Johnson. James B. Olcott was a member of the first Board of Trustees of Storrs Agricultural Schoolame>.
1.75 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
James B. Olcott was a member of the first Board of Trustees of Storrs Agricultural School, now the University of Connecticut.
The collection was donated in 1977 by Mrs. Harry A. Nichols.
- Civic leaders Subject Source: Fast
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- James B. Olcott Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US