Edward J. Quirk Railroad Collection
Scope and Content
The collection consists of train passes, railroad memorabilia and photographs gathered by Mr. Quirk while he was a railroad employee.
- undated, 1924-1989
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Edward J. Quirk was born in on June 10, 1906, and worked for the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad from the age of 16 until his retirement at age 62. He served as a ticket agent in the New Haven, Connecticut, railroad station and in South Station in Boston, Massachusetts.
Edward J. Quirk died in February 1989.
1.95 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Edward J. Quirk (1906-1989) worked as a ticket agent for the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad. The collection consists of train passes, railroad memorabilia and photographs gathered by Mr. Quirk.
The collection was donated by Isabelle Quirk Acampora in September 2006.
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Employees Subject Source: Fast
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Railroads Subject Source: Fast
- Edward J. Quirk Railroad Collection
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2007 February
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US