Connecticut Soldiers Collection, Harlan P. Rugg Papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains four diaries detailing many of the major battles of the Civil War.
- 1861 - 1864
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Captain Harlan P. Rugg of Winchester Center, Connecticut, served with Company F, 5th Connecticut Volunteers from 1861 through 1864.
0.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Captain Harlan P. Rugg of Winchester Center, Connecticut, maintained a lengthy diary account of his activities from 1861 through 1864, describing many of the major battles of the conflict.
Serires I: Diaries (1861-1864)
The collection was purchased in 2003.
Existence and Location of Copies
Digital reproductions of materials in this collection may also be found in the Library's digital repository
- American Civil War (1861-1865) Subject Source: Fast
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal narratives Subject Source: Fast
- Winchester Center (inhabited place) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Connecticut Soldiers Collection, Harlan P. Rugg Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2005 September
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US