Storrs Congregational Church Records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains the administrative records of the Storrs Congregational Church, including committee minutes and reports, financial records, and church membership information. It also contains pamphlets, periodicals, books, speeches, and original documents related to the church's history and development.
- undated, 1737-1972
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
The Second Ecclesiastical Society, creator of the Storrs Congregational Church, was authorized by the Connecticut General Assembly in 1737. Its parent church was the First Congregational Church of Mansfield Center. The first meeting house was built in 1745-1746 on the site of the current church, the present corner of North Eagleville Road and CT Route 195. Situated adjacent to the campus of the University of Connecticut, the church has served the town and the university jointly since the creation of the Storrs Agricultural School in 1881.
1.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains administrative records and historical documents of the Storrs (Connecticut) Congregational Church.
The collection is arranged topically.
Series I: Administrative Records (undated, 1737-1972)
Series II: Historical Documents (undated, 1744-1945)
The collection was donated by the church historian in 2006.
The following materials have been separated from the collection and cataloged:
Storrs Congregational Church 2006-0256.dvd1
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Speeches (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Storrs (inhabited place) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- bylaws (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Storrs Congregational Church Records
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2008 May
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US