Thomas Townsend Taber III Papers
Scope and Content
The Papers contains three volumes of photocopies of newspaper articles about topics pertaining to the New Haven Railroad and its predecessor lines, indexes and lists compiled by Mr. Taber about the availability of research material and locomotives.
- undated, 1896-2004.
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Thomas Townsend Taber III was born in 1929, a son of Thomas Townsend Taber, Jr., (1899-1975). Both father and son authored numerous books about railroads in the United States, particularly those in Pennsylvania. Mr. Taber also produces research guides and indexes designed to help researchers find railroad resources in the United States.
2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Author of books on railroads in the United States and compiler of information on how to find research materials about railroads in libraries and archives. The Papers contains three volumes of photocopies of newspaper articles about topics pertaining to the New Haven Railroad and its predecessor lines and indexes and lists compiled by Mr. Taber about the availability of research material and locomotives.
These papers were donated by Thomas Townsend Taber III of Muncy, Pennsylvania, in March 2010.
- The Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad, the Road of Anthracite , Muncy, Pa. : T.T. Taber, 1977.
- Morristown and Erie Railroad: People, Paper, and Profits, Rahway, N.J., Railroadians of America, 1967.
- Guide to Railroad Historical Resources, United States and Canada , Muncy, Pa. : T.T. Taber III, 1993.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Locomotives Subject Source: Fast
- Maps (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Thomas Townsend Taber III Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2010 July
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US