John Taggart Papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains one letter from John Taggart and numerous letters and postcards to Taggart. All materials are date 1974-1975. There is a significant quantity of correspondence from Theodore Enslin and James Weil.
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
John Taggart was born 5 October 1942, in Guthrie Center, Iowa, the son of D. F. (a clergyman) and Pauline (Farwell) Taggart. He attended Earlham College (B.A., 1965), University of Chicago (M.A., 1966) and Syracuse University (Ph.D., 1974). A member of the Coordinating Council of Literary Magazines and Committee of Small Magazine Editors and Publishers, Taggart is a professor at Shippensburg State College, Shippensburg, PA, where he has been a professor of English since 1969. He has received a Ford Foundation fellowship (1965), National Endowment for the Arts grant (1976) and distinguished academic service award (1976).
0.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
John Taggart was born 5 October 1942, in Guthrie Center, Iowa. Taggart is a professor at Shippensburg State College, Shippensburg, PA, where he has been a professor of English since 1969.
Writings by the Author
- To Construct a Clock, Elizabeth Press, 1971.
- Pyramid Canon, Burning Deck Press, 1973.
- The Pyramid Is a Pure Crystal, Elizabeth Press, 1974.
- Prism and the Pine Twig, Elizabeth Press, 1977.
- Dodeka, Membrane Press, 1979.
- (Editor) Maps [an independent magazine of contemporary American poetry]
- Source:Contemporary Authors Online. The Gale Group, 1999.
- American poetry Subject Source: Fast
- College teachers Subject Source: Fast
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Editors Subject Source: Fast
- Goshen (Ind.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indiana (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Literature Subject Source: Fast
- Maps (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Periodicals Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Poetry -- Editing Subject Source: Fast
- Poets Subject Source: Fast
- Twentieth century. Subject Source: Fast
- John Taggart Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2000 April
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description