Daniel W. Talmadge Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence, publications and laboratory manuals, all concerning Talmadge's interests in various aspects of poultry science.
- undated, 1949-1976
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Daniel W. Talmadge was born in Cheshire, Connecticut, and received his B.S. from the University of Maryland. He completed his graduate work at the University of Massachusetts and Pennsylvania State University. Talmadge worked as a research assistant at the University of Massachusetts (1947-1949) before his employment as an instructor at the University of Connecticut (1949). Promoted to Assistant Professor in 1951 and Associate Professor in 1967, Dr. Talmadge specialized in poultry science with a focus on incubation, embryology and hatchability studies.
Dr. Talmadge retired from the University of Connecticut on 1 October 1979.
0.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains the research, publications and correspondence of Daniel W. Talmadge, a professor of Poultry Science at the University of Connecticut from 1949 until his retirement in 1979.
The collection is arranged alphabetically by topic and chronologically therein.
Series I: Papers (undated, 1950-1976)
The collection was donated by Dr. Talmadge in January 2007.
The following materials have been separated from the collection and cataloged:
Chicken Chatter (1962-1967) Dodd Periodicals
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Educators Subject Source: Fast
- Interviews Subject Source: Fast
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Poultry Subject Source: Fast
- Poultry--Research Subject Source: Fast
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Storrs (inhabited place) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Daniel W. Talmadge Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2007 January
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US