Taxpayers' Alliance to Serve Connecticut Records
Scope and Content
The Taxpayers' Alliance to Serve Connecticut Recordsinclude correspondence, newspaper clippings, flyers, promotional materials, as well as memoranda and information generated for use by the organization in its efforts to defeat the Connecticutbalanced budget act. Other organizations represented in the collection include:National Organization for Women, the War Resistance League, several animal rights groups and the U.S. Communist Party.
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
The Taxpayers' Alliance to Serve Connecticut (TASC) lobbied the state government and the public against the balanced budget amendment and in favor of the Connecticut Income tax.
0.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This collection was started in 1993 when the Taxpayers' Alliance to Serve Connecticut lobbied the state government and the public against the balanced budget amendment, in favor of the Connecticut Income tax. It includes Publications, Administrative Records and Fliers.
Series I: Organizational Files (undated, 1993-1994) The series includes newspaper clippings, property revaluation project report, publications-Organizations, publications and fliers, publications and research materials, research materials, Special briefing for Legislators and Municipal Officers.
The materials were arranged by format.
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Citizens' associations Subject Source: Fast
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lobbyists Subject Source: Fast
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Societies Subject Source: Fast
- Taxation Subject Source: Fast
- Taxpayers' Alliance to Serve Connecticut Records
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2003 November
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description