Ralph E. Wadleigh Photograph Collection
Scope and Content
The collection consists of 42 photographs of railroad locomotives and scenes related to the Monadnock Northern, the New Haven Railroad, Grand Trunk Railroad, and the Central Vermont Railroad at locations in New England, particularly eastern Connecticut. Of special interest are photographs he took on the special excursion trip of the New Haven Railroad's "Last Steam Train" on April 27, 1952.
- undated, 1886-1965
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
Ralph E. Wadleigh was a resident of New London, Connecticut.
0.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Ralph E. Wadleigh was a railroad enthusiast in New London, Connecticut.
Materials were donated by Ralph E. Wadleigh, Jr., of Reading, Massachusetts.
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Locomotives Subject Source: Fast
- Massachusetts (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Railroads Subject Source: Fast
- Rhode Island (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Ralph E. Wadleigh Photograph Collection
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2002 March
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description