James L. Weil Papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains correspondence and manuscripts from Cid Corman (46 letters, 1977-1980), Larry Eigner (12 letters, 1 ms, 1978), Ed Sanders (1 ms, 1974), and Diane Wakoski (4 letters, 1963).
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
James L. Weil was born 15 June 1929, in New York, New York, the son of Morris (a financier) and Charlotte (Ullman) Weil. He attended the University of Chicago (A.B., 1950) and Oxford University (certificate, 1954). He has been employed by the Dialight Corporation (manufacturer of electronic components, New York City, 1954-1956) as an aide to the president, as secretary (1956-1958), vice-president (1958-1961), senior vice-president (1961-1968); editor and publisher of the Elizabeth Press (New Rochelle, NY, 1961-1981); editor and publisher of James L. Weil, Publisher (New Rochelle, 1982--). He was also president of Liz Pub Ltd. (1977-1981) and is a former member of advisory board and writer-in-residence of Wesleyan Writers Conference. He has been awarded the Chapbook award for American Weave (1958) and an award from National Endowment of the Arts (1967) for Quarrel with the Rose.
0.15 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
James L. Weil was the proprietor of Elizabeth Press, New Rochelle, New York.
Unknown, likely a purchase.
General Physical Description note
.15 linear feet.
- Authors and publishers Subject Source: Fast
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Editors Subject Source: Fast
- Literature Subject Source: Fast
- New Rochelle (inhabited place) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- New York (State) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Poets Subject Source: Fast
- Publishers and publishing Subject Source: Fast
- Small presses Subject Source: Fast
- United States (nation) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- manuscripts (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- James L. Weil Papers
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2002 September
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US