Connecticut Milk Producers Association Records
Scope and Content
The collection contains ledgers that document the quantity of milk purchased in Connecticut from 1922 through 1937. It appears that each member milk producer kept his own ledgers, which were then bound together by the CMPA with those of other members. The ledgers record patron names, amounts of milk specified and produced, and cost and payment for each milk producer. Each volume covers a six month period and is arranged alphabetically by name of milk producer. The Bulletin was issued monthly and is bound chronologically.
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.
Based in Hartford, Connecticut, the Connecticut Milk Producers Association was a professional organization for the milk producers of Connecticut>. It provided its members with a monthly newsletter and kept track of prices and production of milk within the state as well as in the neighboring states.
45 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Based in Hartford, Connecticut, the Connecticut Milk Producers Association was a professional organization for the milk producers of Connecticut. It provided its members with a monthly newsletter and kept track of prices and production of milk within the state as well as in the neighboring states.
The Record of Milk Purchased ledgers were acquired for the University of Connecticut by Professor E. A. Perregaux in the late 1940s or early 1950s. They were stored in the Wilbur Cross Library until 1979, when they were transferred to the Historical Manuscripts and Archives Division of the University Libraries.
The Bulletins were originally sent from the Connecticut Milk Producers Association to the Economic Service of Connecticut State College(now University of Connecticut). The Library collected the Bulletins and bound them into five volumes. They were moved to the Archives in 1993 to become part of the CMPA collection. The correspondence and records of the association auditor and accountant, Irving Goldblatt, were donated in April 2011 by his family.
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Dairy products industry Subject Source: Fast
- Dairying Subject Source: Fast
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Milk trade Subject Source: Fast
- Milk yield Subject Source: Fast
- New England (general region) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Connecticut Milk Producers Association Records
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 1993 September
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US