University of Connecticut, Athletic Communications Office Records
Scope and Content
The collection contains publications, media guides, statistics, correspondence, press releases, clippings, photographs, media and similar materials associated with the athletic programs at the University of Connecticut.
- undated, 1894-2014
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.
Established in the Office of Public Information as the Office of Sports Information, the responsibilities were transferred to the Division of Athletics in the 1970s.
234.7 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The office is responsible for the creation and distribution of information pertaining to University athletics. It began as a department within the Office of Public Information, Sports Information.
The materials are arranged by sport and chronologically therein.
Archery (1946, 1952)
Baseball (undated, 1896-2003)
Basketball (Men) (undated, 1947-2011)
Basketball (Women) (undated, 1974-2011)
Cross Country (Men) (1954-1996)
Cross Country (Women) (1978-2003)
Field Hockey (Women) (1974-2003)
Football (undated, 1894-2010)
Ice Hockey (Men) (1961-2003)
Lacrosse (Women) (1974-2003)
Rowing (Women) (2003)
Soccer (Men) (1928-2003)
Soccer (Women) (1979-2005)
Swimming and Diving (Men) (1930-2003)
Swimming and Diving (Women) (1976-2000)
Tennis (Men) (1910-2003)
Tennis (Women) (1975-2000)
Track and Field (Men) (undated, 1949-2003)
Track and Field (Women) (1975-2001)
Volleyball (Women) (1975-2003)
Wrestling (undated, 1960-1980)
Main Files (undated, 1939-2009)
Clippings Files (1988-2006)
Programs (undated, 1930-2006)
The records were transferred originally from the Office of Public Information. Subsequent additions have been transferred from the Athletic Communications Office.
The following materials have been separated from the collection and cataloged:
Dee Rowe 1999-0054.vr107
UConn Vs. UMass, 1938; UConn vs Maine, 1940 1999-0054.vr108
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newspapers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notebooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Press releases Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Storrs (inhabited place) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- University of Connecticut, Athletic Communications Office Records
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2010 June
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description