Alumni Legislators Collection
Scope and Content Note
The Alumni Legislators Collection contains ephemera, fliers, photographs, postcards, publications, and realia related to Connecticut State Legislators who were graduates of the University of Connecticut. The collection also includes handbills and fliers, letters to constituents, buttons, pencils, combs, and other similar materials used in the legislators campaigns in the 1990s.
Materials in the collection include the Alumni Legislator's Day agenda, exhibit labels, legislator list, and tour photographs. Among the legislators included in the collection are Lawrence F. Cafero Jr., District 142; Michael Cardin, District 53; Thomasina Clemons, District 56; Eric Coleman, District 2; Joseph Crisco, District 17; Paul Doyle, District 28; Robert Farr, District 19; John Geragosian, District 25; Robert 'Bob' Godfrey, District 110; Edward Graziani, District 57; Kenneth Green, District 1; Tony Guglielmo, District 35; William Hamzy, District 78; Michael Lawlor, District 99; Robert Maddox, District 66; Denise Merrill, District 54; Gary Orefice, District 37; Edith Prague, District 19; Kevin Sullivan, District 5; Anthony Tercyak, District 26; Richard Tulisano, District 29; and Robert 'Bob' Ward, District 86.
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from the owner(s) of the copyright.
The Alumni Legislators Collection is comprised of campaign materials of state legislators who graduated from the University of Connecticut and were members of the 1995-1996 General Assembly. The collection was assembled for an exhibition on Alumni Legislator Day, June 26, 1996. Included in the collection are the labels from the exhibition, a list of alumni legislators, and two photographs of a tour of the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center led by director Thomas Wilsted.
0.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The Alumni Legislators Collection contains ephemera, fliers, photographs, postcards, publications, and realia related to Connecticut State Legislators who were graduates of the University of Connecticut.
Provenance and Acquisition
The records were donated to Archives & Special Collections in 1996.
- Connecticut (state) Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Posters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Printed ephemera Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Universities and colleges Subject Source: Fast
- Universities and colleges--Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Fast
- Alumni Legislators Collection
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2012 August
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description