University of Connecticut, Trophies Collection
Scope and Content Note
The collection contains trophies, awards, photographs and related materials documenting the placement of representatives of the University of Connecticut in various competitions, primarily athletic.
- undated, 1909-2008
The collection is open and available for research.
Restrictions on Use and Copyright Information
Permission to publish from these Papers must be obtained in writing from both the University of Connecticut Libraries and the owner(s) of the copyright.
The collection documents the competitive activities of University faculty, staff, students and their associated departments and divisions. The awards represent primarily athletic competitions but there are a few that were received by the Poultry related departments in the early to mid twentieth century.
45 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains trophies and awards that have been transferred by departments, divisions and student groups.
Provenance and Acquisition
Most of the recent athletic trophies have been transferred by the sports teams. Earlier awards have been transferred as departments move and offices have been cleared for reuse.
- Awards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College sports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Realia Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sports awards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Connecticut, Trophies Collection
- Archives & Special Collections staff
- 2012 April
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives and Special Collections, University of Connecticut Library Repository
University of Connecticut Library
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs Connecticut 06269-1205 USA US