Showing Collections: 31 - 52 of 52
The collection documents the personal and professional lives of several generations of Leavenworths residing in Connecticut.
David McKain was an award winning author and retired University of Connecticut faculty member (Avery Point Campus). McKain's papers contain manuscripts of edited and unedited written works, professional correspondence and related documents, as well as photographs and genealogical research on the McKain/McKean/McCain family history.
The Charles Olson Research Collection contains the literary works, correspondence, photographs, and personal, professional, and family papers of writer and poet Charles Olson. This collection also includes some administrative records of Black Mountain College.
Contains the office files of the President's Office during Dr. Ferguson's administration as well as personal documents, correspondence, photographs, diaries, and emphemera from Ferguson's childhood through his careers as a diplomat, administrator of the Peace Corps/VISTA, academic administrator, and head of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty and Lincoln Center.
In March, 1979, John A. DiBiaggio became the tenth president of the University of Connecticut, eleven months after the resignation of Glenn W. Ferguson.
Materials pertaining to Mr. Ratchford's term of office as United States Congressman representing Connecticut's fifth Congressional district.
Records of the University of Connecticut School of Nursing, established in 1942 and accredited since 1943. The collection contains faculty meeting minutes, project documentation, photographs, multimedia and ephemeral materials. Further information is available from the School's website.
Records documenting the early legislative career of Robert R. "Rob" Simmons. Simmons represented Stonington and North Stonington from 1991 to 2001 in the Connecticut General Assembly before his election to Congress, representing Connecticut's Second Congressional District from 2001 until 2007. He was nominated as Connecticut's first Business Advocate by Governor M. Jodi Rell in February 2007, and in April was unanimously confirmed by both houses of the General Assembly.
Nicholas J. Tomassetti was born 17 December 1914 in Pueblo, Colorado. He was a labor organizer and leader associated with the United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers Union as well as a Democratic representative to the Connecticut General Assembly. Mr. Tomassetti died 18 December 1978 in New Britain, Connecticut.
The United Association of Plumbers and Steamfitters, Local 305, was established on 17 June 1910 by a group of piping tradesmen. Three of its founders were William Tomlinson, Charles A. Smith and Frank Kennedy.
The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners was founded on 8 August 1881. In 1892, sixty-eight carpenters in the Stamford area, dissatisfied with low wages and long workweeks, agreed to join the union. With the assistance of Frank Duffy, president of the New York UBCJ Council, UBCJ Local 210 of Stamford was organized. The charter was granted on 14 October 1897.
The collection contains documents related to the administrative, financial, social and cultural functions of the University of Connecticut League from 1966-201998. Founded "to promote social and friendly relations within, and to provide worthwhile service to the University and community," the UConn League has sponsored a variety of social, cultural, and fundraising events for the local and UConn communities and for its own membership.
The history of the Wauregan Mills, the Quinebaug Company and other related mills is very much tied to the history of the Atwood family. The collection includes family records and materials as well as records of the Wauregan Mills, Wauregan Company, Quinebaug Mill, Wauregan-Quinebaug Company, and Wauregan Mills, Inc.