Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 125
The books fall into three categories: farmers, storekeepers and businesses.
The records consist of financial records associated with the American Hardware Corporation of New Britain, Connecticut, its predecessor companies P. & F. Corbin and Russell & Erwin Manufacturing Company, and divisions Corbin Cabinet Lock Company and Corbin Screw Corporation.
Record books of the Bartholomew Alpress & Company of Bristol, Connecticut. The saw mill supplied its products to many of the town's carpenters and cabinet makers, as well as to a large number of clockmakers. The records consist of two of the company's financial ledgers and account books from the years 1835 to 1846.
Payroll vouchers, correspondence, timetables, photographs, reports, maps and plans, photocopies, newspaper clippings, and other research material related to the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, the Central New England Railway, and its predecessor railroad lines.
Please note that selected photographs from this collection are available in the UConn Library digital repository at http://archives.lib.uconn.edu/
Manufacturer of cards known as card clothing or hand and stripper cards. Located in Stafford Springs, CT.
The Child Development Laboratories (CDL) are part of the School of Family Studies and serve the university, community and state as a model demonstration laboratory center.
Founded by Carlton J. Bates (1848-1941) in 1907, the C.J. Bates Company manufactured manicure sets, crochet hooks, and knitting needles in Chester, Connecticut.
Hugh Clark received his bachelor's degree from Clark University in 1934 and a doctoral degree from the University of Michigan in 1941. He was employed by the University of Iowa from 1945 to 1947, when he joined the faculty at the University of Connecticut. Clark specialized in developmental biology and retired from the University in 1983. The collection contains correspondence, administrative, professional and personnel files relating to Clark's responsibilities and interests.
Cole and Ambler was one of the more than twenty hat manufacturers in Bethel, Connecticut during the nineteenth century.
The collection consists of administrative files, photographs, and DVDs associated with the formation, maintenance and demise of the Connecticut Central Railroad, a freight line that ran in and around Middletown, Connecticut, from 1987 to 1998.
Based in Hartford, Connecticut, the Connecticut Milk Producers Association was a professional organization for the milk producers of Connecticut. It provided its members with a monthly newsletter and kept track of prices and production of milk within the state as well as in the neighboring states.
The Connecticut Nurses' Association (CNA) is a professional organization of registered Nurses in Connecticut and a member of the American Nurses' Association (ANA). CNA was established in 1904 as the Graduate Nurses' Association (GNA) of Connecticut out of the Connecticut Training School. Its main objective was to draft and introduce into legislation a bill to regulate nursing practice in Connecticut. The main headquarters of the CNA is located in Meriden, Connecticut.
Peter Lukoff, Company C, 48th Armor Infantry Battalion, lived in Norwich, Connecticut. The bulk of the collection documents Lukoff's experiences from training in the United States (South Carolina) and his activities in France, Belgium, Germany and England from 1944-1945.
In 1957, the Connecticut Federation of Labor and the Connecticut State Industrial Union Council (CSIUC) merged to form the Connecticut State Labor Council, AFL-CIO, generally referred to today as the Connecticut State AFL-CIO. The stated purpose of the new organization was to provide a more effective means of promoting and coordinating the principles and objectives of the AFL-CIO in Connecticut.
The Connecticut Training School (CTS) for Nurses opened in 1873 and closed in 1926. The Connecticut Training School for Nurses Alumnae Association was formed in January 1891 and was dissolved in 1964. An addition to the collection includes correspondence and notes from individuals associated with the establishment of CTS.
The Connecticut Valley Tobacco Growers Association was a cooperative of tobacco growers that operated in Connecticut and Massachusetts during the early part of the twentieth century. The collection consists of the Association's records and printed materials which provide insight into the tobacco industry in Connecticut.
- Correspondence 101
- Administrative records 95
- Publications (documents) 75
- Photographs 63
- Notes 38
- Photocopies 36
- Press releases 31
- minutes (administrative records) 31
- Notebooks 30
- Fliers (printed matter) 24
- Blueprints (reprographic copies). 23
- United States (nation) 23
- bylaws (administrative records) 20
- Labor unions 19
- Newsletters 18
- Universities and colleges 18
- manuscripts (document genre) 18
- Education 17 + ∧ less
- Abbot Academy 1
- McDermott, William P., Dr. 1
- Sendak, Maurice 1
- Smith, James T., 1846-1925 1
- Zolot, Norman 1