Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 161
John D. Alsop was elected to the Connecticut state legislature in 1946. He served as co-chairperson of one of the three committees that wrote the present Connecticut State Constitution at the Constitutional Convention of 1965.
Records generated through the extensive career of Dominic J. Badolato (1919-1911), who served as a member of the Connecticut House of Representatives, representing New Britain, from 1954 to 1976, and was the founding head of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Union, Council 4, in New Britain, Connecticut, from 1968 to 1996.
The collection contains clippings, sound recordings, books, an honorary degree, and research posters relating to Dr. John E. Rogers.
The Brooks A. Bentz Railroad Collection consists almost exclusively of materials associated with the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, including passenger and employee timetables, a parlor car wine list and dining car cafe menu, information about the railroad equipment provided for railroad employees, information about the railroad's merger with what became Penn Central in the late 1960s, a vehicle decal, a map of the railroad system (ca. 1925), and photographs of locomotives.
The papers of Oliver Butterworth, native of Connecticut and educator and author of children's books. The collection contains correspondence, notes, drafts, manuscripts, galleys, proofs, artwork, scripts and published books pertaining to Butterworth's career and interests.
Fred A. Cazel, Jr., professor of History (1948-1988)at the University of Connecticut from 1948-1988. Active in many professional and University committees, Dr. Cazel died in July 2011.
Collection contains significant documentation of the University's Centennial Celebration which took place in the academic year 1980-1981.
The Centennial Coordinating Committee was responsible for the extensive planning of the university of Connecticut's centennial celebration. The official observance of its 100th anniversary began 23 September 1980. William C. Orr served as chairman of the committee from its inception in 1979 to a successful conclusion at the Ninety-Eighth Annual Commencement, 24 May 1981.
The Center was created in 1969 to facilitate interdepartmental support for research, study and outreach focused on the black experience. The collection contains materials concerning the establishment of the Center and programs of its activities from its establishment through 1980.
The Center began operation during the 1967/1968 academic year and served as an interdisciplinary focus for the study of modern Italy. The Center was active in establishing courses, contacts abroad and increasing the level of appropriate library acquisitions. The Center was discontinued at the end of the 1974/1975 academic year.
The collection contains artwork, notes, correspondence, photographs and other materials pertaining to Normand Chartier's illustrations of many of his children's books.
Resident of Waterbury, Connecticut, and historian of Connecticut business and industry. Collection includes collected literature about the early iron industry in the United States, particularly Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
The Child Development Laboratories (CDL) are part of the School of Family Studies and serve the university, community and state as a model demonstration laboratory center.
Hugh Clark received his bachelor's degree from Clark University in 1934 and a doctoral degree from the University of Michigan in 1941. He was employed by the University of Iowa from 1945 to 1947, when he joined the faculty at the University of Connecticut. Clark specialized in developmental biology and retired from the University in 1983. The collection contains correspondence, administrative, professional and personnel files relating to Clark's responsibilities and interests.
In 1971, a Commission was established to investigate proposals for University governance and report back to the University community. Dr. Albert Cohen chaired the Commission.
Based in Hartford, Connecticut, the Connecticut Milk Producers Association was a professional organization for the milk producers of Connecticut. It provided its members with a monthly newsletter and kept track of prices and production of milk within the state as well as in the neighboring states.
The Connecticut Nurses' Association (CNA) is a professional organization of registered Nurses in Connecticut and a member of the American Nurses' Association (ANA). CNA was established in 1904 as the Graduate Nurses' Association (GNA) of Connecticut out of the Connecticut Training School. Its main objective was to draft and introduce into legislation a bill to regulate nursing practice in Connecticut. The main headquarters of the CNA is located in Meriden, Connecticut.
In February 1891, a group of sixteen peach growers under the leadership of the Secretary of Agriculture, Theodore S. Gold, met in the State Capitol to talk about the formation of a fruit society. In December of that same year, forty growers met and elected John Smith of New Britain as president. Since its founding, the Connecticut Pomological Society has been involved in development of pest management and disease control for Connecticut's orchards.
- Correspondence 136
- Administrative records 96
- Photographs 94
- Financial records 75
- Notes 61
- Photocopies 55
- manuscripts (document genre) 42
- Press releases 39
- Fliers (printed matter) 36
- Notebooks 36
- United States (nation) 36
- Universities and colleges 34
- minutes (administrative records) 33
- Education 32
- Labor unions 25
- History 24
- Blueprints (reprographic copies). 21
- Monographs 21 + ∧ less
- Cazel, Fred A. 1
- Sendak, Maurice 1
- University of Connecticut. Medieval Studies Program 1
- Zolot, Norman 1