Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 304
The Mansfield Organ Pipe Works remained the sole manufacturer of metal-toed organ pipe feet in the world until around 1979. The company traces its origins to Erastus McCollum and his sons Julian and Henry.
The collection contains original art, dummies, manuscripts, proofs and sketchbooks for approximately sixty books and short stories.
Eva Belle Mason (Mrs. Henry Knowlton) graduated from Connecticut Agricultural College in 1900. The collection contains her notebook from her Sewing class and the dress she made to wear to Commencement.
A noted educator, administrator, writer and researcher, Dr. May joined the faculty of the University of Connecticut in 1952 as Dean of the School of Home Economics at the University of Connecticut. She retired from the University in 1964.
David McKain was an award winning author and retired University of Connecticut faculty member (Avery Point Campus). McKain's papers contain manuscripts of edited and unedited written works, professional correspondence and related documents, as well as photographs and genealogical research on the McKain/McKean/McCain family history.
Stewart Brett McKinney, Congressman from Connecticut's Fourth District, was born in Pittsburgh, PA, 30 January 1931. McKinney served as a State Representative in Connecticut's General Assembly, 1966-1970 and was a minority leader of the State House of Representatives, 1969-1970. McKinney was first elected as a Republican from the 4th District to the 92nd Congress on 3 November 1970, and was re-elected 8 times, 1972-1986.
The collection contains materials associated with the UConn Men's Basketball team's first NCAA Division I Championship in 1999.
The Meriden & Cromwell Railroad ran between these two cities in Connecticut from 1885 to 1888 when its name changed to the Meriden, Waterbury & Connecticut River Railroad, and was extended to Waterbury, Connecticut, until 1892, when the line was taken over by the New York & New England Railroad. The Album, compiled by James M.S. Ullman of Meriden, Connecticut, has 185 photographs of locomotives, stations, and other scenes associated with these railroad lines.
The Meriden-Wallingford School of Nursing traces its history to the establishment of the Meriden Hospital Nursing program in 1892. The program flourished from the 1890s until 1973 when it was phased out, following the national trend to move nursing programs from the hospital environment to a collegiate environment. The last class graduated in 1976.
Garry A. Miles was an instructor at the University of Connecticut from 1933 (Extension, Asst. Poultryman 1933-?; Instructor, Poultry Husbandry by 1940-1943).
Lawrence Morico was born 2 April 1936 and completed his undergraduate education at the University of Connecticut in 1958.
Bruce Morrison served as a member of Congress from Connecticut's third district from 1983-1991.
Barry Moser had already established a reputation for himself as the premier American engraver of woodcuts in the 20th century before he turned to working primarily on designing and illustrating children's books. Moser has worked on over 200 books. He is the winner of an American Book Award. Barry Moser takes an active role in the design of any book that he illustrates, often contributing to type choice, layout, and cover design.
Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge Free And Accepted Masons Of Connecticut (Prince Hall Masons) Records
The history of Black Free and Accepted Masons dates its origin from the initiation of Prince Hall on 6 March 1775 along with fourteen other free blacks into a Military Lodge of white masons. Lodge No. 441 of the Irish Registry up to the present time.
The collection contains the papers of Marilyn Nelson, author of several books of poetry and formercurrent Poet Laureate for the State of Connecticut.
The Technical Equipment Company (TEC) had its general headquarters in New York City and a manufacturing plant in Niantic, Connecticut, by 1913. In the spring of 1913, TEC took over the gauge department of Utica Steam Gauge Company and the Libby Valve and Packing Company. By 1914, the company had become the New England Steam Gauge Company and had its base in Niantic.
The focus of the collection is on electrification, or the installation of overhead wire or third rail power distribution facilities to enable operation of trains hauled by electric locomotives, of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad.
This collection has not yet been organized for unassisted research use. Researchers wishing to access this collection must make prior arrangements with the Curator before visiting Archives & Special Collections. Maps and blueprints of portions of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, which ran from 1872 to 1969 in Connecticut, Massachusetts, eastern New York and into New York City, and Rhode Island. A searchable database is available in repository.
The corporate records of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad document the history and impact of the system that dominated railroad transportation in southern New England from 1872 to 1969.
Earl Newcomer was a Professor of Botany (1948-1968) at the University of Connecticut.
Children's book author and illustrator. Since 1986, Nolan has been the coordinator of illustration in the Hartford Art School.
The 1991-1992 academic year at UConn marked the 100th anniversary of women on the Storrs campus. The anniversary was celebrated by a year-long series of programs to commemorate the achievements of women, particularly those at the University of Connecticut.
Poetess from Hebron, Connecticut.
- Subject: Connecticut (state) X
- Correspondence 213
- Publications (documents) 161
- Administrative records 142
- Photographs 130
- Financial records 125
- Notes 80
- Photocopies 75
- manuscripts (document genre) 59
- United States (nation) 54
- Universities and colleges 54
- Press releases 49
- Education 46
- minutes (administrative records) 45
- Notebooks 43
- Fliers (printed matter) 42
- History 40
- Storrs (inhabited place) 35
- Labor unions 32
- Personal papers 30 + ∧ less
- Abbot Academy 1
- Cazel, Fred A. 1
- McDermott, William P., Dr. 1
- Sendak, Maurice 1
- Smith, James T., 1846-1925 1