Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 199
The Richard Scarry Papers contain materials related to Scarry himself, but the majority of the archives pertains to the creation, production, and distribution of his books for children. The archives contains materials and correspondence concerning Scarry's early work, with Western Publishing and Little Golden Books, beginning in the 1950s. A greater amount of material concerns the works produced by Scarry during his later association with Random House.
Dr. Carl W. Schaefer wais a professor in the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Department at the University of Connecticut. The collection documents his professional interests and activities.
The University of Connecticut's School of Business was established in 1941 as the School of Business Administration. The collection contains faculty minutes, accreditation documentation, and annual activity reports from the school's founding in 1941 until 1998.
Collection includes materials associated with the reaccreditation of the School by the American Bar Association.
The Connecticut College of Pharmacy was established in 1925 in New Haven, Connecticut. In 1941, the Connecticut General Assembly enacted legislation to incorporate the College as part of the University of Connecticut. The collection contains an extensive collection of clippings (scrapbooks) concerning the program and its faculty, students and graduates in addition to historical papers, documents and reports about pharmacy and the program at the University.
Established in 1946, the School of Social Work is located on the Greater Hartford campus of the University of Connecticut. The University of Connecticut School of Social Work promotes social and economic justice by providing high quality education in social work. The School prepares competent professionals with knowledge, as well as general and specialized method skills for helping people enrich their lives, improve their communities, and contribute to a more just social order.
Esphyr Slobodkina was an artist, illustrator, and children's book author. Materials in the collection are comprised of illustrations, manuscripts, and other documents related to the publication of her works. There are also various materials related to her personal life.
The Slow Loris Press was a independent non-profit venture headed by Anthony and Patricia Petrosky. The Slow Loris Press focused on publishing a poetry magazine called Rapport which evolved into a more wide ranging format with the start of the Slow Loris Reader (SLR) in 1978. The Press also published chapbooks and broadsides. It ceased operation in 1984 principally due to insufficient financial support.
The Smith family of Canterbury, CT, owned and operated a number of mills in the section of Hanover from the mid-eighteenth century until the 1940s. The original site on Little River, north of Hanover and Woodchuck Hill Roads, became the home to five successive generations of Smiths.
The Records of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators consists of newsletters from 1980-2010, flyers and brochures for the Annual Conference, and correspondence from the chapter's Regional Advisors for 1992.
Established in January 1878 as the District Telephone Company of New Haven, Connecticut; opened the world's first telephone exchange that same year. Reorganized as the Southern New England Telephone Company in 1882. Provided telephone service to residents in the state of Connecticut until 1998.
Joseph Sposato was born 25 March 1912 in Retsof, NY. He began his employment at the American Velvet Company in 1927. He was a founding member of the first organized union at the company (1936) and was president of Local #110, Textile Workers Union of America (Stonington, CT) from 1940 until 1948 and elected again in 1952 until 1958. He retired from the American Velvet Company in 1980.
Eugene St. Pierre was a prominent labor leader in the Hartford area from 1955 to 1974.
The collection contains the professional papers of Professor Bruce M. Stave, Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor of History Emeritus and Director of the Oral History Office at the University of Connecticut. He served as Chair of the Department of History between 1985 and 1994.
The collection contains administrative records and historical documents of the Storrs (Connecticut) Congregational Church.
The collection contains the administrative records, correspondence, legal documents, fliers, notes, and publications of the Storrs Draft Information Committee. The records contain information associated with draft counseling, draft resistance, non-violent protest, peace movement groups, and selective service at the University of Connecticut during the Vietnam War.
This collection was started in 1993 when the Taxpayers' Alliance to Serve Connecticut lobbied the state government and the public against the balanced budget amendment, in favor of the Connecticut Income tax. It includes Publications, Administrative Records and Fliers.
Eleanor Taft Tilton, daughter of Dr. Charles and Martha Jarvis Taft, was born in Hartford, Connecticut, on 1 January 1901. She attended Vassar and Barnard Colleges, but did not earn a degree. She married Arthur vcan Riper Tilton; he was employed by the Hartford Fire Insurance Company for many years. Mrs. Tilton died on 26 March 1984.
Nicholas J. Tomassetti was born 17 December 1914 in Pueblo, Colorado. He was a labor organizer and leader associated with the United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers Union as well as a Democratic representative to the Connecticut General Assembly. Mr. Tomassetti died 18 December 1978 in New Britain, Connecticut.
George Safford Torrey was born 14 March 1891 in Boston, Massachusetts. Torrey was hired in 1915 as an instructor of Botany at the Connecticut Agricultural College and in 1928 received tenure and was appointed Head of the Botany Department. Torrey retired from the University in 1953 and died in 1977.
The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners was founded on 8 August 1881. In 1892, sixty-eight carpenters in the Stamford area, dissatisfied with low wages and long workweeks, agreed to join the union. With the assistance of Frank Duffy, president of the New York UBCJ Council, UBCJ Local 210 of Stamford was organized. The charter was granted on 14 October 1897.
The collection contains documents related to the administrative, financial, social and cultural functions of the University of Connecticut League from 1966-201998. Founded "to promote social and friendly relations within, and to provide worthwhile service to the University and community," the UConn League has sponsored a variety of social, cultural, and fundraising events for the local and UConn communities and for its own membership.
George Alan Works assumed the presidency of Connecticut Agricultural College in 1929 after a distinguished career at the University of Chicago.
The collection contains administrative records, correspondence, legal documents, financial records, publications, and fliers (pamphlets, handouts, announcements), related to the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA), which has represented the professional staff at UConn since 1972. UCPEA is the exclusive bargaining agent for more than 1,600 professional staff at UConn.
This is an artificial collection of publications, timetables, forms, reports, track diagrams and charts, equipment blueprints, maps, drawings and artwork, and photographs almost exclusively associated with the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad and its predecessor railroad lines, gathered from many donors and purchases.
- Administrative records 192
- Correspondence 175
- Photographs 127
- Financial records 124
- Notes 102
- Connecticut (state) 101
- Photocopies 79
- Fliers (printed matter) 71
- minutes (administrative records) 69
- Press releases 58
- Notebooks 54
- manuscripts (document genre) 44
- Newsletters 43
- United States (nation) 39
- Universities and colleges 33
- Monographs 31
- Newspapers 31
- Audiocassettes 30
- Audio visual materials 29 + ∧ less
- American Montessori Society 1
- Zolot, Norman 1
- Zolotow, Charlotte 1