Showing Collections: 31 - 58 of 58
Wilma Belknap Keyes was an assistant professor at the University of Connecticut School of Home Economics from 1938-1963. During her tenure she developed and taught over 20 new art courses and saw the beginning of the School of Fine Arts as a distinct department from the School of Home Economics.
First established as a program within the Labor Management Institute in 1946, the Labor Education evolved into a separate center in 1961. Its purpose is to fulfill the educational, consultation, and research needs of the state's unions.
The collection contains documentation of Mr. Lumsden's activities and association with the Greater Hartford Chamber of Commerce, Greater Hartford Corporation, Hartford City Council from the 1960s through the 1980s.
Papers of Harry J. Marks, long time professor of history at the University of Connecticut.
David McKain was an award winning author and retired University of Connecticut faculty member (Avery Point Campus). McKain's papers contain manuscripts of edited and unedited written works, professional correspondence and related documents, as well as photographs and genealogical research on the McKain/McKean/McCain family history.
Stewart Brett McKinney, Congressman from Connecticut's Fourth District, was born in Pittsburgh, PA, 30 January 1931. McKinney served as a State Representative in Connecticut's General Assembly, 1966-1970 and was a minority leader of the State House of Representatives, 1969-1970. McKinney was first elected as a Republican from the 4th District to the 92nd Congress on 3 November 1970, and was re-elected 8 times, 1972-1986.
Bruce Morrison served as a member of Congress from Connecticut's third district from 1983-1991.
Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge Free And Accepted Masons Of Connecticut (Prince Hall Masons) Records
The history of Black Free and Accepted Masons dates its origin from the initiation of Prince Hall on 6 March 1775 along with fourteen other free blacks into a Military Lodge of white masons. Lodge No. 441 of the Irish Registry up to the present time.
Records of the chief administrative officer of the University of Connecticut and its predecessor institutions. The records are subdivided by administration and identified and described by the name/tenure of the individual serving as president. In more recent years, the records are identified by date of transfer.
The records consist of the general correspondence of the President of the College . It is the only extant collection of the papers of the president for this period. The correspondence is concerned with internal administrative matters, major policy issues at the college, with the college's relations with state and federal governments, and with other educational agencies and institutions.
Charles Lewis Beach attended the University of Wisconsin. He served on the faculty of the Storrs Agricultural College and Connecticut Agricultural College as an instructor in Dairy Husbandry (1894-1904). After serving in a similar position at the University of Vermont, Beach returned to the College as its fourth president in 1908. Beach Hall was dedicated in his honor in 1929 a year after his retirement from the college. Charles Lewis Beach died 15 September 1933.
John T. Casteen III was inaugurated as the University of Connecticut's eleventh president on October 12, 1985.
Materials pertaining to Mr. Ratchford's term of office as United States Congressman representing Connecticut's fifth Congressional district.
The Richard Scarry Papers contain materials related to Scarry himself, but the majority of the archives pertains to the creation, production, and distribution of his books for children. The archives contains materials and correspondence concerning Scarry's early work, with Western Publishing and Little Golden Books, beginning in the 1950s. A greater amount of material concerns the works produced by Scarry during his later association with Random House.
Eleanor Taft Tilton, daughter of Dr. Charles and Martha Jarvis Taft, was born in Hartford, Connecticut, on 1 January 1901. She attended Vassar and Barnard Colleges, but did not earn a degree. She married Arthur vcan Riper Tilton; he was employed by the Hartford Fire Insurance Company for many years. Mrs. Tilton died on 26 March 1984.
The collection contains documents related to the administrative, financial, social and cultural functions of the University of Connecticut League from 1966-201998. Founded "to promote social and friendly relations within, and to provide worthwhile service to the University and community," the UConn League has sponsored a variety of social, cultural, and fundraising events for the local and UConn communities and for its own membership.
Office records for the office responsible for the administration of operations and fiscal activities for the University of Connecticut.
University of Connecticut, Vice President for Academic Affairs Office Records [Kenneth G. Wilson, 1974-1981]
The collection contains administrative records, correspondence, reports, minutes, publications and other materials pertaining to the administration of the academic segments of the University. The collection documents the policies, programs and major issues of concern for the institution from the mid 1970s through the early 1980s.
University of Connecticut, Vice President for Academic Affairs Office Records [Kenneth Wilson and Anthony DiBenedetto, 1974-1986]
The Vice President for Academic Affairs, formerly the Provost, is the chief academic officer of the University and reports directly to the University President. The following University officers report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs: Assistant and Associate Provosts, Deans of Schools and Colleges, and the Directors of the Computer Center, Fiscal Services, Institutional Research, and the University Libraries.
Born in New York in 1912; graduated in 1933 with a B. A. in Economics from the University of Chicago; was actively involved in political journalism from 1934 to 1941; operated several public-relations firms, including Herman Wolf Associates; served as a chief campaign aide for many successful campaigns for offices; member of the National Press Club, the Public Relations Society of America, and the Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce.
The Women's Club of Storrs began as the College Club in 1903. The purpose of the club, as stated in the first club constitution, was to promote literary and social culture. Membership was open to women connected with the [University of Connecticut] faculty, and included a few women faculty and faculty wives. A new constitution adopted in 1917 changed the name to the Women's Club of Storrs, and offered membership to “any woman of the community interested in the aims of the club.”
The Women's Studies Program at the University of Connecticut began in 1974 and was the first formal program of its kind in the state. The collection consists of Connecticut Humanities Council grant files, administrative records, announcement, fliers and publications.
- Administrative records 57
- Correspondence 55
- Financial records 47
- Notes 45
- Photographs 45
- Photocopies 42
- minutes (administrative records) 36
- Fliers (printed matter) 35
- Connecticut (state) 32
- Notebooks 24
- Newsletters 21
- Audiocassettes 20
- Newspapers 19
- Speeches (documents) 19
- Videocassettes 19
- Audio visual materials 18
- Interviews 17
- United States (nation) 15 + ∧ less
- Zolotow, Charlotte 1