Showing Collections: 61 - 76 of 76
Professor of Political Science at the University of Connecticut from 1971 to 1984, Seidman was involved with the creation of the Marshall Plan and the development of the European Recovery Corporation under President Truman. He played a major role in the passage of the St. Lawrence Seaway Project, testified on the admission of Alaska and Hawaii into statehood and on the government's role towards the territories of Guam, Puerto Rico, the Panama Canal and Ryker Island.
Pegi Deitz Shea was born 22 September 1960, in Matawan, NJ, the daughter of George A. Deitz (a high school teacher and coach) and Margaret J. (a legal secretary) Devlin. She attended Rutgers College, Rutgers University (1982) and has been awarded the Evelyn Hamilton Award for Creative Writing, Rutgers College (1982).
Joseph A[nthony] Smith, children's author/illustrator and artist received his BFA from the Pratt Institute in 1958 and began teaching there in 1962. Smith continues to teach there in the Department of Painting and Drawing. The collection contains artwork for over thirty children's books.
Cyndy Szekeres has illustrated over 40 children's books, and is best known for her animal characters.
Eleanor Taft Tilton, daughter of Dr. Charles and Martha Jarvis Taft, was born in Hartford, Connecticut, on 1 January 1901. She attended Vassar and Barnard Colleges, but did not earn a degree. She married Arthur vcan Riper Tilton; he was employed by the Hartford Fire Insurance Company for many years. Mrs. Tilton died on 26 March 1984.
The collection contains documents related to the administrative, financial, social and cultural functions of the University of Connecticut League from 1966-201998. Founded "to promote social and friendly relations within, and to provide worthwhile service to the University and community," the UConn League has sponsored a variety of social, cultural, and fundraising events for the local and UConn communities and for its own membership.
Office records for the office responsible for the administration of operations and fiscal activities for the University of Connecticut.
University of Connecticut, Vice President for Academic Affairs Office Records [Kenneth G. Wilson, 1974-1981]
The collection contains administrative records, correspondence, reports, minutes, publications and other materials pertaining to the administration of the academic segments of the University. The collection documents the policies, programs and major issues of concern for the institution from the mid 1970s through the early 1980s.
University of Connecticut, Vice President for Academic Affairs Office Records [Kenneth Wilson and Anthony DiBenedetto, 1974-1986]
The Vice President for Academic Affairs, formerly the Provost, is the chief academic officer of the University and reports directly to the University President. The following University officers report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs: Assistant and Associate Provosts, Deans of Schools and Colleges, and the Directors of the Computer Center, Fiscal Services, Institutional Research, and the University Libraries.
Dr. Terrence Webster-Doyle is the author of twenty internationally acclaimed, award-winning books that discuss topics such as bullying, martial arts, and teaching children peaceful solutions to social problems. The collection contains many of his publications, and related materials.
Born in New York in 1912; graduated in 1933 with a B. A. in Economics from the University of Chicago; was actively involved in political journalism from 1934 to 1941; operated several public-relations firms, including Herman Wolf Associates; served as a chief campaign aide for many successful campaigns for offices; member of the National Press Club, the Public Relations Society of America, and the Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce.
The Women's Club of Storrs began as the College Club in 1903. The purpose of the club, as stated in the first club constitution, was to promote literary and social culture. Membership was open to women connected with the [University of Connecticut] faculty, and included a few women faculty and faculty wives. A new constitution adopted in 1917 changed the name to the Women's Club of Storrs, and offered membership to “any woman of the community interested in the aims of the club.”
The Women's Studies Program at the University of Connecticut began in 1974 and was the first formal program of its kind in the state. The collection consists of Connecticut Humanities Council grant files, administrative records, announcement, fliers and publications.
- Correspondence 71
- Notes 58
- Administrative records 57
- Photographs 56
- Photocopies 54
- Financial records 52
- Fliers (printed matter) 47
- Connecticut (state) 39
- minutes (administrative records) 36
- Notebooks 29
- Newsletters 26
- Newspapers 26
- manuscripts (document genre) 26
- Audiocassettes 25
- Monographs 25
- Audio visual materials 24
- Videocassettes 22
- Interviews 21 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Charters, Ann. 1
- Sendak, Maurice 1
- Zolotow, Charlotte 1