Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 51
Documents the activities, programs and development of the University’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion since the creation of its first affirmative action plan to the current program which includes programs and training addressing accessibility, employment equity, discrimination and harassment and Title IX.
Literary manuscripts and editorial records of poet and former UConn student Peter Bertolette.
Materials about or published by noted scientist Albert F. Blakeslee, professor at the University of Connecticut from 1907 through 1915.
Fred A. Cazel, Jr., professor of History (1948-1988)at the University of Connecticut from 1948-1988. Active in many professional and University committees, Dr. Cazel died in July 2011.
Collection contains significant documentation of the University's Centennial Celebration which took place in the academic year 1980-1981.
The Centennial Coordinating Committee was responsible for the extensive planning of the university of Connecticut's centennial celebration. The official observance of its 100th anniversary began 23 September 1980. William C. Orr served as chairman of the committee from its inception in 1979 to a successful conclusion at the Ninety-Eighth Annual Commencement, 24 May 1981.
The Center was created in 1969 to facilitate interdepartmental support for research, study and outreach focused on the black experience. The collection contains materials concerning the establishment of the Center and programs of its activities from its establishment through 1980.
The Center began operation during the 1967/1968 academic year and served as an interdisciplinary focus for the study of modern Italy. The Center was active in establishing courses, contacts abroad and increasing the level of appropriate library acquisitions. The Center was discontinued at the end of the 1974/1975 academic year.
The Child Development Laboratories (CDL) are part of the School of Family Studies and serve the university, community and state as a model demonstration laboratory center.
Hugh Clark received his bachelor's degree from Clark University in 1934 and a doctoral degree from the University of Michigan in 1941. He was employed by the University of Iowa from 1945 to 1947, when he joined the faculty at the University of Connecticut. Clark specialized in developmental biology and retired from the University in 1983. The collection contains correspondence, administrative, professional and personnel files relating to Clark's responsibilities and interests.
The records of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources consist of materials related to the university's changing agricultural program, and are comprised of administrative records, correspondence, notes, publications, and clippings. The collection also contains illustrations, works of art, and realia related to the university.
In 1971, a Commission was established to investigate proposals for University governance and report back to the University community. Dr. Albert Cohen chaired the Commission.
Diane Di Prima, best known for her work as a Beat poet and writer, was born 6 August 1934 in Brooklyn, New York. She attended Swarthmore College (1951-1953). Di Prima has received National Endowment for the Arts grants in 1966 for Poets Press and in 1973. She writes nonfiction, autobiographies, journals, essays, poetry and plays.
The collection contains calendars, correspondence and personal materials created or acquired during the Gaylord family's association with the University.
Theodore Sedgwick Gold was born in Madison, New York. T.S. Gold graduated from Yale College in 1838 and then spent four years studying and teaching at academies in Goshen and Waterbury. He moved to Cornwall in 1842 to pursue a career in farming. Mr. Gold was a trustee of the Storrs Agricultural School from 1881 to 1901 and took an active role in promoting the school's growth and development throughout his lifetime.
Dorothy C. Goodwin was born in Hartford, CT, on 2 September 1914. Goodwin grew up in Connecticut and graduated magna cum laude from Smith College in 1937 (B.A., Sociology). In 1974, Goodwin returned to government service by winning a seat in the Connecticut General Assembly as a Democratic representative of the 54th district (includes Mansfield). She held positions on the Education, Finance and Human Services Committees, and co-chaired the Education Committee for much of her career.
The Charles G. Hall Papers contain correspondence, diaries, family papers, scrapbooks, photographs, publications, and other papers, relating to Hall's personal life, student days at Connecticut Agricultural College, activities as doorkeeper of Connecticut House of Representatives, state politics, events at University of Connecticut, and family affairs.
The project lasted five years and was officially titled “Work Simplification in the Area of Child Care for Physically Handicapped Women”. The main work of the project took place between 1955 and 1960.
The collection contains the administrative records of Dr. A. William Hoglund, Professor of History at the University of Connecticut from 1961 until his retirement in 1997.
The Institute of Water Resources was established in 1964 to encourage basic and applied research and to develop technical competence in the broad field of water resources.
The Connecticut State conference of the International Women's Year was held at the University of Bridgeport on 11-12 June 1977. The women's conference was sponsored by the National Committee on the Observance of International Women's Year in order to elect delegates to attend the National Conference in Houston in November and to adopt resolutions to present to the National Conference.
Wilma Belknap Keyes was an assistant professor at the University of Connecticut School of Home Economics from 1938-1963. During her tenure she developed and taught over 20 new art courses and saw the beginning of the School of Fine Arts as a distinct department from the School of Home Economics.
First established as a program within the Labor Management Institute in 1946, the Labor Education evolved into a separate center in 1961. Its purpose is to fulfill the educational, consultation, and research needs of the state's unions.
The Loeb Awards were designed to reward authors whose writings in business and finance report explain the mechanics, strengths, problems, and values of American capitalism and enterprise. The Advisory Board of the Loeb Awards at the University of Connecticut sought those meritorious journalistic contributions which combined superior writing, clarity, accuracy, and analysis of subjects of import to the growth and development of the American enterprise system.
A noted educator, administrator, writer and researcher, Dr. May joined the faculty of the University of Connecticut in 1952 as Dean of the School of Home Economics at the University of Connecticut. She retired from the University in 1964.
The collection contains the professional papers of Marie Ferguson Peters, the first African American Professor at the University (Home Economics, 1963), and her husband, psychologist James S. Peters II. Drafts and proofs of Dr. James Peters' work is also included in the collection.
- Universities and colleges 49
- Correspondence 46
- Connecticut (state) 34
- Administrative records 33
- Photographs 27
- Education 26
- Notes 25
- Financial records 23
- Photocopies 18
- Storrs (inhabited place) 16
- United States (nation) 14
- minutes (administrative records) 14
- manuscripts (document genre) 13
- Fliers (printed matter) 12
- Notebooks 12
- Press releases 12
- History 10
- Personal papers 10
- Educators 9 + ∧ less
- Cazel, Fred A. 1
- University of Connecticut. Medieval Studies Program 1