Found in 35 Collections and/or Records:
Hugh Clark received his bachelor's degree from Clark University in 1934 and a doctoral degree from the University of Michigan in 1941. He was employed by the University of Iowa from 1945 to 1947, when he joined the faculty at the University of Connecticut. Clark specialized in developmental biology and retired from the University in 1983. The collection contains correspondence, administrative, professional and personnel files relating to Clark's responsibilities and interests.
An artificial collection, the Connecticut Soldiers Collection was created to provide a starting point for research concerning the experiences of Connecticut servicemen from the Civil War through the Vietnam War. The sources for the materials are provided in the collection.
Captain Harlan P. Rugg of Winchester Center, Connecticut, maintained a lengthy diary account of his activities from 1861 through 1864, describing many of the major battles of the conflict.
Writings, correspondence, artwork, publications and photographs of short story writer, novelist, poet, artist, and teacher Fielding Dawson. Dawson was known for his "stream-of-consciousness" style of writing and for his vivid memoirs of his time spent as a student at Black Mountain College. The papers contain some drawings and memorabilia, including posters, flyers, brochures, and bulletins, from Black Mountain College.
Diane Di Prima, best known for her work as a Beat poet and writer, was born 6 August 1934 in Brooklyn, New York. She attended Swarthmore College (1951-1953). Di Prima has received National Endowment for the Arts grants in 1966 for Poets Press and in 1973. She writes nonfiction, autobiographies, journals, essays, poetry and plays.
The Thomas J. Dodd Papers illuminate the diverse public life of a self-styled crusader. The collection consists primarily of material from Dodd's Senate years (1959-1971) and the Nuremberg war crimes trial before the International Military Tribunal from 1945-1946.
Francis D. Donovan (1917-2005) was a resident of Medway, Massachusetts, and an avid railroad photograph and memorabilia collector and researcher, particularly of materials associated with the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad and its predecessor lines. His papers consist of his writings and research files about the railroad; photographs of stations, engines, and railroad scenes; maps, scrapbooks, postcards and timetables.
The Charles G. Hall Papers contain correspondence, diaries, family papers, scrapbooks, photographs, publications, and other papers, relating to Hall's personal life, student days at Connecticut Agricultural College, activities as doorkeeper of Connecticut House of Representatives, state politics, events at University of Connecticut, and family affairs.
Personal and professional papers of Oliver Ormerod Jensen, writer, editor, self-taught historian, and railroad enthusiast.
The collection contains the professional papers of Dr. Ladd, professor of political science and director of the Roper Center at the University of Connecticut.
The collection documents the personal and professional lives of several generations of Leavenworths residing in Connecticut.
Papers of Harry J. Marks, long time professor of history at the University of Connecticut.
Garry A. Miles was an instructor at the University of Connecticut from 1933 (Extension, Asst. Poultryman 1933-?; Instructor, Poultry Husbandry by 1940-1943).
"New Haven Railroad Steam Sightings, 1947-1951," [diary entries of personal observations of steam trains], 2007
The Charles Olson Research Collection contains the literary works, correspondence, photographs, and personal, professional, and family papers of writer and poet Charles Olson. This collection also includes some administrative records of Black Mountain College.
Materials pertaining to Mr. Ratchford's term of office as United States Congressman representing Connecticut's fifth Congressional district.
The University of Connecticut's School of Business was established in 1941 as the School of Business Administration. The collection contains faculty minutes, accreditation documentation, and annual activity reports from the school's founding in 1941 until 1998.
The records in this collection are the files of the President's office during John T. Casteen's administration from 1985-1990. The documents include correspondence, reports, financial and administrative records, as well as materials pertaining to his inauguration and plaques and mementos accumulated during his tenure as president.
The Smith family of Canterbury, CT, owned and operated a number of mills in the section of Hanover from the mid-eighteenth century until the 1940s. The original site on Little River, north of Hanover and Woodchuck Hill Roads, became the home to five successive generations of Smiths.