Subject Source: Fast
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract In 1809, John W. Tibbits and Lafayette Tibbits came to Jewett City, Connecticut, and purchased a mill privilege on the Pachaug River. After enjoying several good years during the War of 1812, the company was reorganized in 1815, and incorporated on 20 September 1816. The company was soon struggling and was finally sold in 1823 to John Slater. On the death of John Slater in 1843, his two sons John Fox and William S. Slater inherited his business properties. John F. Slater was succeeded by his...