Stamford (inhabited place)
Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The collection consists of a Blickensderfer 6, a portable typewriter produced by the Blickensderfer Manufacturing Company in 1906, with its original carrying case.
Abstract: The Harry F. Brown Papers consist of 478 photographic images in various media of railroad electrification equipment along electrified main line section of the Shoreline route of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad.
Dates: 1908-1933, 1959, 1964
Abstract The Fred Otto Makowsky Papers consist of photographs taken by Makowsky and papers collected by him. The photographs consist of over 4000 images of New Haven Railroad and other American steam and electric locomotives, multiple unit cars, and trolleys, and scenes of Stamford, Connecticut.
Abstract The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners was founded on 8 August 1881. In 1892, sixty-eight carpenters in the Stamford area, dissatisfied with low wages and long workweeks, agreed to join the union. With the assistance of Frank Duffy, president of the New York UBCJ Council, UBCJ Local 210 of Stamford was organized. The charter was granted on 14 October 1897.
Dates: undated, 1901-1986
Abstract Yale & Towne Manufacturing Company was established in 1868 by Linus Yale and Henry Towne in Stamford, Connecticut. Yale & Towne Manufacturing was the leading employer in the Stamford, Connecticut, area for many years.
Dates: undated, 1869-2001