Found in 1071 Collections and/or Records:
Materials related to Preston L. Pope's service, from 1978 to 1981, as Grand Master of the Prince Hall Grand Lodge, Free and Accepted Masons of Connecticut.
The Pratt & Whitney Company Records includes instruction books, product information, machine reports and proposals, advertising circulars, catalogs, reference books, journal excerpts, publications, scrapbooks of images of machines and trade paper advertisements, transparencies, photographs, photographic negatives and a film of the Pratt & Whitney Company from 1901 to 1989.
Studied at Oberlin College, the Sheffield Scientific School and received his doctorate from Yale University. Appointed professor of Natural History in 1881. Koons succeed Dr. Armsby, acting principal, who had served as principal following Solomon Mead's retirement. B. F. Koons became principal of the school at the beginning of the winter term of 1883.
The collection contains administrative records associated with the tenure of Harry J. Hartley, President of the University of Connecticut from 1990-1997.
Records of the chief administrative officer of the University of Connecticut and its predecessor institutions. The records are subdivided by administration and identified and described by the name/tenure of the individual serving as president. In more recent years, the records are identified by date of transfer.
Charles Burt Gentry was educated at the University of Missouri and came to Connecticut from Rutgers University in 1920. He became Dean of the Division of Teacher Training in 1921, and, after his term as acting president (1928-1929), served as the director of the Division of Instruction and as Dean of the University. Gentry retired in 1950.
The records consist of the general correspondence of the President of the College . It is the only extant collection of the papers of the president for this period. The correspondence is concerned with internal administrative matters, major policy issues at the college, with the college's relations with state and federal governments, and with other educational agencies and institutions.
Charles Lewis Beach attended the University of Wisconsin. He served on the faculty of the Storrs Agricultural College and Connecticut Agricultural College as an instructor in Dairy Husbandry (1894-1904). After serving in a similar position at the University of Vermont, Beach returned to the College as its fourth president in 1908. Beach Hall was dedicated in his honor in 1929 a year after his retirement from the college. Charles Lewis Beach died 15 September 1933.
Edwin O. Smith served as acting President of the Connecticut Agricultural College from April - September 1908. The one folder of correspondence pertains to the dual-job amendment before the Connecticut General Assembly in the late 1950s.
Contains the office files of the President's Office during Dr. Ferguson's administration as well as personal documents, correspondence, photographs, diaries, and emphemera from Ferguson's childhood through his careers as a diplomat, administrator of the Peace Corps/VISTA, academic administrator, and head of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty and Lincoln Center.
In March, 1979, John A. DiBiaggio became the tenth president of the University of Connecticut, eleven months after the resignation of Glenn W. Ferguson.
John T. Casteen III was inaugurated as the University of Connecticut's eleventh president on October 12, 1985.
The collection contains correspondence, administrative records, financial records, an honorary degree, photographs, notes, fliers, publications, and legal documents. The materials are from Austin's tenure as president of the university, as well as materials from the president's office and the university prior to his appointment.
Professor of English language and literature (1897-1901). Appointed president pro tempore by the Board of Trustees 5 October 1901. Stimson rResigned in 1908 to “become the executive head of an agricultural college that is to be established at Northampton, MA to be known as the Smith Agricultural School.”
The Office of Price Administration, a federal agency, was established in 1941 by Executive Orders 8734 and 8875. During its existence, the OPA was responsible for setting maximum prices on most products. The OPA and several other agencies were consolidated to form the Office of Temporary Controls in December 1946 by Executive Order 9809 and disbanded in 1947. [Additional materials are located in RG 035 at the Connecticut State Library.]
Articles and publications on Montessori Education, AMS, the history of the Montessori movement, and Maria Montessori. For research on the application of the Montessori method, see Series XI: Research.
The collection contains the correspondence, minutes, printed materials, and financial records of the Puerto Rican and Latino Studies Institute Records from 1972 to 2006. The collection also contains the Institute's administrative records, publications, fliers, news clippings, and legal documents.
The collection contains administrative records documenting the programs and activities sponsored by the Center.
In 1952 the Connecticut State Grange sponsored a year long lecture series in the Granges across the state of Connecticut. This collection contains mimeograph copies of the lectures presented by the subordinate Granges of Quinebaug Pomona No. 2.
The Raab Associates Records document the work of Susan and David Raab in the children's book marketing business.
A children's book author since 1980, Ms. Ransom has donated original manuscripts, notes, proofs, galleys, and books. She has also donated original manuscripts from twenty-five novels (including reference and research materials) and thirty other published works (including some foreign language editions).
Materials pertaining to Mr. Ratchford's term of office as United States Congressman representing Connecticut's fifth Congressional district.