Found in 108 Collections and/or Records:
Eva Belle Mason (Mrs. Henry Knowlton) graduated from Connecticut Agricultural College in 1900. The collection contains her notebook from her Sewing class and the dress she made to wear to Commencement.
Lawrence Morico was born 2 April 1936 and completed his undergraduate education at the University of Connecticut in 1958.
The collection contains the papers of Marilyn Nelson, author of several books of poetry and formercurrent Poet Laureate for the State of Connecticut.
Official records of the major New England regional nursing association.
The Charles Olson Research Collection contains the literary works, correspondence, photographs, and personal, professional, and family papers of writer and poet Charles Olson. This collection also includes some administrative records of Black Mountain College.
The emphasis of the collection is documentation of the responsibilities Smith carried out during his military career, 1862-1870. Correspondence, reports, inventories and rosters comprise the majority of the collection. There is nothing in the collection regarding Mr. Smith's newspaper career or his activities in Colorado.
Records of the chief administrative officer of the University of Connecticut and its predecessor institutions. The records are subdivided by administration and identified and described by the name/tenure of the individual serving as president. In more recent years, the records are identified by date of transfer.
Charles Lewis Beach attended the University of Wisconsin. He served on the faculty of the Storrs Agricultural College and Connecticut Agricultural College as an instructor in Dairy Husbandry (1894-1904). After serving in a similar position at the University of Vermont, Beach returned to the College as its fourth president in 1908. Beach Hall was dedicated in his honor in 1929 a year after his retirement from the college. Charles Lewis Beach died 15 September 1933.
Contains the office files of the President's Office during Dr. Ferguson's administration as well as personal documents, correspondence, photographs, diaries, and emphemera from Ferguson's childhood through his careers as a diplomat, administrator of the Peace Corps/VISTA, academic administrator, and head of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty and Lincoln Center.
John T. Casteen III was inaugurated as the University of Connecticut's eleventh president on October 12, 1985.
The Office of Price Administration, a federal agency, was established in 1941 by Executive Orders 8734 and 8875. During its existence, the OPA was responsible for setting maximum prices on most products. The OPA and several other agencies were consolidated to form the Office of Temporary Controls in December 1946 by Executive Order 9809 and disbanded in 1947. [Additional materials are located in RG 035 at the Connecticut State Library.]
The collection contains correspondence, emails, lectures, newspaper clippings, notes, photographs, and writings regarding Eric Reeves' advocacy, research, and analysis of the humanitarian crisis and genocide in Sudan and Darfur from 1999 onward. The collection also contains documents regarding the court case, Presbyterian Church of Sudan et al. vs. Talisman Energy Inc, Sudan.
Anita Riggio has illustrated a number of children's books and has also worked as a cartoonist and a commercial illustrator. The collection consists of original artwork and manuscripts for 25 children's books and two magazine articles, in addition to a selection of Ms. Riggio's production materials for her commercial work.
The Michael Rumaker Papers consist of manuscripts, letters, notebooks, audio recordings, and other personal papers from 1950 to 2010, including personal journals and and family photographs from 1925 through 2010. Literary manuscripts comprise multiple formats including short stories, plays, poems, essays, reviews, and fiction.
Dr. Carl W. Schaefer wais a professor in the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Department at the University of Connecticut. The collection documents his professional interests and activities.
The University of Connecticut's School of Business was established in 1941 as the School of Business Administration. The collection contains faculty minutes, accreditation documentation, and annual activity reports from the school's founding in 1941 until 1998.
Manuscripts, journals, notebooks correspondence and audio recordings of poet, essayist, freelance writer, book editor, and for a brief time, instructor of English literature at the University of Connecticut, Harriet Slavitz.
Esphyr Slobodkina was an artist, illustrator, and children's book author. Materials in the collection are comprised of illustrations, manuscripts, and other documents related to the publication of her works. There are also various materials related to her personal life.
The Smith family of Canterbury, CT, owned and operated a number of mills in the section of Hanover from the mid-eighteenth century until the 1940s. The original site on Little River, north of Hanover and Woodchuck Hill Roads, became the home to five successive generations of Smiths.
The papers include the correspondence, short stories, journalistic articles, correspondence, poems, novels, and plays of journalist, essayist, novelist and pulp fiction writer, Walter Snow.
Established in January 1878 as the District Telephone Company of New Haven, Connecticut; opened the world's first telephone exchange that same year. Reorganized as the Southern New England Telephone Company in 1882. Provided telephone service to residents in the state of Connecticut until 1998.
Joseph Sposato was born 25 March 1912 in Retsof, NY. He began his employment at the American Velvet Company in 1927. He was a founding member of the first organized union at the company (1936) and was president of Local #110, Textile Workers Union of America (Stonington, CT) from 1940 until 1948 and elected again in 1952 until 1958. He retired from the American Velvet Company in 1980.
The collection contains the professional papers of Professor Bruce M. Stave, Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor of History Emeritus and Director of the Oral History Office at the University of Connecticut. He served as Chair of the Department of History between 1985 and 1994.
The collection contains correspondence, reports, membership lists and other pertinent and ephemeral materials concerning the history, organization, and fraternal affiliates of the Storrs School Literary Society (later the College Shakespearean Club).