Darien (inhabited place)
Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract: The Harry F. Brown Papers consist of 478 photographic images in various media of railroad electrification equipment along electrified main line section of the Shoreline route of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad.
Dates: 1908-1933, 1959, 1964
Abstract The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners was founded on 8 August 1881. In 1892, sixty-eight carpenters in the Stamford area, dissatisfied with low wages and long workweeks, agreed to join the union. With the assistance of Frank Duffy, president of the New York UBCJ Council, UBCJ Local 210 of Stamford was organized. The charter was granted on 14 October 1897.
Dates: undated, 1901-1986