Found in 20 Collections and/or Records:
Materials about or published by noted scientist Albert F. Blakeslee, professor at the University of Connecticut from 1907 through 1915.
Memoirs of Daniel Campbell, who attended the University of Connecticut from 1967-1968, and was one of the first openly gay students at the University.
The Collection consists of materials created and gathered by Plainfield, Connecticut, railroad station agent and field terminal supervisor Ellsworth E. Williams, Jr.
Album of 685 photographs of scenes of street railroads and trolley cars in Connecticut.
The Frank Gagliardi Papers consist of pop-up books, files about pop-up books and their creators, photographs, and samples of pop-up greeting cards.
Photographic prints of steam and electric locomotives of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad and a few of its predecessor railroad lines including the Naugatuck Railroad, the Connecticut River Railroad, the New York & New England Railroad and the New York, Westchester & Boston Railroad, collected by Richard H. Gillespie of Stamford, Connecticut. The collection also includes two scrapbooks compiled by Mr. Gillespie of newspaper clippings and photographic prints.
Electric company of Hartford, Connecticut, established in 1882. Records consist of writings about the history of the company, correspondence, contracts, notes, maps, photographs, publications and financial records.
The collection contains the research and publications of Evan Hill, journalism professor, and head of the journbalism department, at the University of Connecticut from 1965 to 1984.
The Papers consist of approximately 350 photographic prints and 500 negatives of images of steam locomotives mostly of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, taken in the Hartford, Connecticut, area.
The Fred Otto Makowsky Papers consist of photographs taken by Makowsky and papers collected by him. The photographs consist of over 4000 images of New Haven Railroad and other American steam and electric locomotives, multiple unit cars, and trolleys, and scenes of Stamford, Connecticut.
Bridge drawings, maps, annual reports, publications and photographs related to the history of the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad and its predecessor railroad lines.
Collection of historical information, catalogs, publications, photographs and transparancies, and scrapbooks about the tool manufacturer Pratt & Whitney Company and its successors, collected by Leroy Roberts, a long-time employee of the company.
This collection contains 89 sets of floor plans, survey cards and photographs for stations, interlocking towers, and other structures that the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad abandoned, sold, or razed during the period between 1911 and 1964.
The materials in Series II were donated by the Stimson family and include documents created and acquired by Rufus Stimson during and after his tenure at Connecticut Agricultural College as well as those collected and created by Dr. Gary Moore during his research of Rufus W. Stimson and his contributions to agricultural education in the early twentieth century.
The Somersville Manufacturing Company was established in 1879 by Rockwell Keeney and produced fine woolens in Somersville, Connecticut. The company was run by members of the Keeney family for the 90 years of its existence. The collection consists of administrative and financial records, marketing materials, photographs, scrapbooks, and correspondence.
Dudley Jordan Stickels was by trade a carpenter and a salesman. His love, however, was the railroad. He invested a great deal of his energy in collecting materials relating to the history of the Central New England Railway (CNE), which was at that time no longer in operation. His research interests were in that railroad line's history, routes, and equipment, and specifically in its steam locomotives.
The collection contains photographs and slides taken by Mr. Swadosh.
The collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographic images, car rosters, administrative reports, and other materials about trolley and street railroad cars and the history of the Connecticut Company, which controlled fourteen divisions of street railroad companies across the state of Connecticut from 1905 to 1948. These documents were collected by William B. Young who compiled this information for a comprehensive database about the company's trolley cars.